Did I Brick My Droid?

goaliehere

Reaction score
I made my first attempt at rooting my Droid this morning--very unsuccessfully. Upon attempting to install the ROM, the phone rebooted and stayed on the Motorola eye. I let it go for a while, thinking that was all part of the process. It never changed. Since then, I've been searching the internet for a recovery method and I feel like I've tried everything.

Here's what I have attempted:
I downloaded several different versions of update.zip with no success at all. I keep getting the error message e:error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7), so that didn't work.

I've tried using RSD Lite but can't get it to recognize my phone.

If I do a Power button-x thing, I can get into a screen that has the exclamation point and the phone on it and if I hit the volume up button and the camera button, it gives me the system recovery menu.

I have wiped the cache partition and I have wiped the data/factory reset. I've run out of options (and patience) and hope that someone here can help me out.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
ok you download the correct motorola drivers and install them, find the full sbf and open it using rsdlite make sure it is unzipped, on your phone press power/volumedown/camera there will be a black menu that says bootloader, leave it on the black menu, connect it to your usb rsdlite should recognize the phone, then flash the sbf, let it sit until it says complete. Make sure u have the right sbf.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
G

goaliehere

Reaction score
I love you!

That worked! I didn't know what it took to get into the boot loader. You're my new hero! Maybe now I can get some sleep. Thanks a million.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Any time, I learnt it from some one and u learnt it from me, so dnt hesitate in helping some one else. Good night if u need help just ask.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

nybadboy11

Reaction score
your one of the lucky ones i couldnt do that i had to get new phone ...i love a happy ending :)