Is Motorola working on an update to fix ics battery for RAZR?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Battery levels won't show the next lower number of percentage until they reach that level, so 100% is 99.000001% to 100%, and 99% is 98.000001% to 99. While charging the opposite happens. 90% remains 90% until it hits 100%, so 90% = 90.000000 to 99.999999%.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Omg k before when it took forever to go from 100% to 99 it said avg 16hr battery I tethered for awhile now it says 4. Back to decreasing quickly. Any idea?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Weird gsam battery shows 98 but battery widget solo and my battery status show 100% but they are supposed to read by 1%. Will wait for 90% and see if its screwed up and only reading 10% intervals

Some battery widgets do read the voltages, others read the logs, and some do a cross-reference. I see that too. GSAM shows 30% right now on my phone, but Battery Monitor Widget (FSINIB) shows 40%. Frankly, I'm not concerned for the single percentages. In both cases, the phone's battery will hit 15% at the same time, and 10% at the same time.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Yes but before it took like 6 minutes to decrease to 100% now its back yo taking 2-3 so gonna get not much life again. Any idea why this would happen? Said 15hrs left before now says 4.5hrs. Something's happened

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
When it gets to 50% or less, put up screen shots of battery use like you did before. We will have a better idea and can analyze what's going on then.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Anyway for email to sync with server so only shows what aol mail does? It goes back longer and shows deleted emails. And when I delete on my phone doesn't delete on server.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Screenshot only been on about 2hrs from 82% that is from.
a6f806cd-1962-1e3a.jpg

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
a6f806cd-197b-0f46.jpg

a6f806cd-198b-972e.jpg

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It is definitely better than what it was. We will know a little more when the battery gets to be about 50% or less. You have a lot more apps using a greater percentage of your battery than I do. Make sure you close out of your apps when you are done with them by backing out of them, so they don't continue to run in the background. The one thing I notice is you have both Juice Defender and Smart Actions showing. Make sure JD is disabled because it is doing basically the same thing as SA and could also be causing conflicts with SA. I used to use JD but wanted to try SA to see if there was a difference. After a week or so of trying SA to see if there is any improvement, you could disable it and try to see if there is any difference with JD but for now, stick with SA.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
ok, i uninstalled JD, umm i usually do click back out of my apps, there a way to set so when u exit they shut off? or a certain way to do it?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
For email, if you want the email that you delete on the phone to delete from the server.... go into the emails ---->settings---> server settings and there should be an option to delete from server. You can also try from your system settings---> Accounts & sync, click on the email and set what you want that email to sync from those settings.

Your email client might also have a setting for how many emails to show or how far back to go but not as important because usually the default is reasonable. Sometimes my email shows more than what I have it set at but that is usually because I clicked it to show more. It eventually reverts back to what I have it set at.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
ok, i uninstalled JD, umm i usually do click back out of my apps, there a way to set so when u exit they shut off? or a certain way to do it?

Backing out of them should do it. Some automatically run in the background anyway.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
weird, this morning, i was getting like 6minutes per %, now 2-3 minutes again, any idea why?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
My guess is it all depends on what you are doing. Screen uses the most battery. You tube, video's, etc will use a lot of battery. HD games will use a lot of battery. Doing alot of things at once will use a lot of battery. Basically what you want is for the overall battery use to be in relation to what you are actually doing. For example, there are days I am using my phone a lot, on phone calls, looking up stuff on the web, texting, tapatalking (really DroidForuming), etc. On those days I expect my battery to drain in 15 -20 hours. Then there are days where I am not using my phone hardly at all. On those days, I can expect my battery to last over 24 hours.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
i mostly just web browse, on 3g only, never use gps wifi bluetooth, auto screen, auto sync on email, and some texting, never you tube or stuff. how much should i expect, and what to do to get there?