Update in the works..

smokeyrd

Reaction score
I vote we take to the streets and do a tetris themed flashmob that ends up spelling a message! (did someone slip alcohol in my coffee?)

jaybogg

Reaction score
@94lt1: Sometimes I hit the post reply button too fast!:biggrin: I did have a question for you. I am on .215, rooted. Is there a setting I need to set to ensure the update doesn't automatically try to install until I am sure I am ready for it?

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
@94lt1: Sometimes I hit the post reply button too fast!:biggrin: I did have a question for you. I am on .215, rooted. Is there a setting I need to set to ensure the update doesn't automatically try to install until I am sure I am ready for it?

I'm not rooted... but from what I know, you have to rename a file... Sydman or one of the other rescue squad guys will be able to help you more. :).

I was about to root, when my son accidentally spilled Pepsi on my laptop :) lol.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah if you freeze or rename the Updater.APK then you won't be prompted for the OTA.

jaybogg

Reaction score
I'm not rooted... but from what I know, you have to rename a file... Sydman or one of the other rescue squad guys will be able to help you more. :).

I was about to root, when my son accidentally spilled Pepsi on my laptop :) lol.

Thx, I am sure Sydman will be on top of it. He is scary smart about rooting, mods and such. I was referring more to an update setting I need to check on to keep VZW from forcing an update I may or may not be prepared for. I remember you posting about the Pepsi and more importantly, keeping your cool w/ the lil one!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
By the way.. when I say rescue squad guys.... I also mean the lovely :hail::hail::icon_ nana:TisMyDroid too ;)

Last edited: