Is it worth the move to Jelly Bean yet????

mike5529

Reaction score
I have the RAZR MAXX working good on.215, so is it worth it yet to back to .211 and then upgrade to OTA JB or should I just wait to the work the bugs out of it????

aarong03

Reaction score
I have the RAZR MAXX working good on.215, so is it worth it yet to back to .211 and then upgrade to OTA JB or should I just wait to the work the bugs out of it????

I'm in the same boat. My maxx is running great on the .215 leak, and battery life is great. So I might just wait a while to see all the reviews come in on JB update.

OP
M

mike5529

Reaction score
X3. I like being able to use pdanet+ as well.
I like using Foxfi without having to be rooted and from the way it sounds if you go to JB you will have to root to use foxfi/pdanet.

brucefulton

Reaction score
This is pretty much it for the razr/razrmaxx. There probably won't be a lot of bug fixes ongoing. The next major fixes and updates will likely only come with your next phone. There isn't a lot of visible difference between ICS and JB. But JB does add some processing refinements and improved performance, even if the look and feel differences are not great. Take your pick. But I wouldn't count on another androind upgrade that changes the look an feel more than the current update. If you don't feel the performance increases and availability of Google Now is beneficial, don't upgrade.

OP
M

mike5529

Reaction score
I was mainly talking waiting to see if they do an update to fix the buggy type problems people are talking about.

brunla

Reaction score
I was on stock and updated to JB. I really like it. Seems faster and smoother experience. I love Google Now showing me directions and stuff. Of course I miss Foxfi, but will likely root to get the wifi back. Not expecting anymore major updates to this phone after JB, and I can get an update starting in May so all looks good.

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
At first I didn't think there was much difference. But the more I've used JB, the more I've liked it. It is indeed faster and smoother. And Google Now is even better than I realized. Here's something I just discovered today... After you open Google Now if you simply say "Google" it automatically initiates voice activation where you can ask it to search for something, navigate somewhere, etc. Very handy!

brucefulton

Reaction score
I was mainly talking waiting to see if they do an update to fix the buggy type problems people are talking about.
I'm thinking that if you update to the current OTA, bug fixes to the underlying OS will be few and far between, if ever released, until the next android update. Individual applications may be updated by the providers. The current OTA is the best you are going to get for the foreseeable future.

OP
M

mike5529

Reaction score
I'm thinking that if you update to the current OTA, bug fixes to the underlying OS will be few and far between, if ever released, until the next android update. Individual applications may be updated by the providers.
Good point about the app developers being able to update their issues. Now the question is can I take my phone back to .211 without screwing too much stuff up myself. I am going to use the FoxKat's Razr/Maxx Jelly Bean Leak Classroom W/MattyP & Friends to do it, just hope i can back everything up the right way. Does anyone know how long it should take to do it use this method and what your tech level of knowledge should be before attempting it??