no gps with jelly bean.

nhepler90

Reaction score
I finally went from the 215 leak to 211, then to jelly bean official update and love it so far! Only one issue I have found and couldn't seem to find a thread about it, I have lost my GPS ability. Anyone else have this issue or know a fix?

Much thanks.

aarong03

Reaction score
I finally went from the 215 leak to 211, then to jelly bean official update and love it so far! Only one issue I have found and couldn't seem to find a thread about it, I have lost my GPS ability. Anyone else have this issue or know a fix?

Much thanks.

Try GPS Doctor app.

OP
nhepler90

nhepler90

Reaction score
I know its only $1.99 but any free advice/methods of troubleshooting?

OP
nhepler90

nhepler90

Reaction score
I downloaded GPS status free and it is getting a lock on my GPS, but whenever I use Google maps and hit the my location icon, it says to enable Google apps location (turn GPS on). I cleared the cache and force stopped the app, I also uninstalled the updates and re installed them to no avail.

aarong03

Reaction score
I downloaded GPS status free and it is getting a lock on my GPS, but whenever I use Google maps and hit the my location icon, it says to enable Google apps location (turn GPS on). I cleared the cache and force stopped the app, I also uninstalled the updates and re installed them to no avail.

Make sure you have all the boxes checked including the Google WiFi and mobile network location. I have all boxes checked and mine has worked all the time. If that doesn't work then I'm sure one of the other smarter people will give you some advise. Good luck.

OP
nhepler90

nhepler90

Reaction score
All is checked. I downloaded a free GPS app to see if it would lock on and it does. (Pretty quick at it too) so I'm guessing it has to do with Google maps. Would still like to know if anyone else has the same issue or knows of a fix.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130418_080752.png
    ForumRunner_20130418_080752.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 398
  • ForumRunner_20130418_081049.png
    ForumRunner_20130418_081049.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 363
  • ForumRunner_20130418_081123.png
    ForumRunner_20130418_081123.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 364

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with the same message on my wife's phone. I checked and unchecked the boxes, turned off and turned on locations settings, re-booted the phone a couple of times and finally something worked to get it going again. I'm not sure what the combination was, but it did start working correctly. I know, I should have done one thing at a time to see what worked, but I was too impatient. My Maxx had no problems with maps after the update.

OP
nhepler90

nhepler90

Reaction score
I downloaded map quest because GPS seems to work with other apps and not Google maps, I need it because I am terrible with directions. I will try rebooting and such multiple times and see if anything changes.

aarong03

Reaction score
I downloaded map quest because GPS seems to work with other apps and not Google maps, I need it because I am terrible with directions. I will try rebooting and such multiple times and see if anything changes.

If not try an FDR(factory data reset).

OP
nhepler90

nhepler90

Reaction score
Found out the problem and Google maps GPS is working now. Turns out there is two different spots to turn location access on. The one in locations under system settings and the settings window that pops up when you first enter maps. (See picture) it came up with a totally different screen that I can't find that had a toggle for Google apps to use your location/GPS. Thank you for the ideas and help.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130418_134345.png
    ForumRunner_20130418_134345.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 627
OP
nhepler90

nhepler90

Reaction score
Ok it is in google>location settings under the accounts in system settings.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130418_134746.png
    ForumRunner_20130418_134746.png
    15 KB · Views: 361

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think that's what fixed it on my wifes phone too. The box didn't pop up until I rebooted and re-opened maps multiple times and then it finally showed up. Gald your's works now.

Zwraven

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, and so far none of the things tried about have worked for me. Anyone have a solid fix. GPS doctor did nothing.

Montypup

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I've tried all of these things and nothing has worked. Mine works sporadically but can't seem to get a stable fix on the satellites. If it's not reliable as a navigation tool it's totally useless. I'm hopeless with maps and really need to know it won't drop the GPS signal. Does anyone know if Google Maps recognises this as an issue?

wmac69

Reaction score
hi all

Found out the problem and Google maps GPS is working now. Turns out there is two different spots to turn location access on. The one in locations under system settings and the settings window that pops up when you first enter maps. (See picture) it came up with a totally different screen that I can't find that had a toggle for Google apps to use your location/GPS. Thank you for the ideas and help.

go into settings location and tick all 3 boxes this will let you use gps it worked for me ;-)