Jelly Bean Update?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Any update?

I'm sure probably everyone gets their information from here. Just bookmark it and keep checking. Currently it says the DROID RAZR MAXX was upgraded June 2012 to ICS and will be upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1 but doesn't give a time frame. This is different from when (I believe) it previously said early 2013.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
that means don't count on it. Same thing happened with my thunderbolt. Promised ICS kept pushing it back and now no ETA. I knew I should have gotten the droid razr HD.

daldav

Reaction score
I received jelly bean on my RAZR maxx, and since the update I have a continuous" sync error" on my email account. I put in my password as instructed, and everything is fine for a few seconds, and then sync error. Does anyone have a fix for the problem

s_cuttic

Reaction score
Did you try clearing the data and cache under manage apps? Maybe that'll do it. That sounds like the problem people were having on gingerbread right before ice came out. The ics update fixed the problem back then.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
I had a conversation with one of the representatives on Motorola's Facebook page and I was "assured" all original RAZR and RAZR Maxx phones will be upgraded to Jelly Bean's final/finished release in "Q1 of 2013".

When I asked them if installing this accidentally leaked version of Jelly Bean could pose any potential problems upgrading to the final/finished version when it's released they ignored my question completely.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I received jelly bean on my RAZR maxx, and since the update I have a continuous" sync error" on my email account. I put in my password as instructed, and everything is fine for a few seconds, and then sync error. Does anyone have a fix for the problem

I had this same problem twice but it occurred on ICS. It just sort of went away Lol idk if they were having problems on their end or what but I haven't had the problem on JB yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DROIDX2TN

Reaction score
Did you try clearing the data and cache under manage apps? Maybe that'll do it. That sounds like the problem people were having on gingerbread right before ice came out. The ics update fixed the problem back then.

I'm having the same problem with ICS right now. When I go to manage apps I can't find where to clear the cache. Reentering my password does no good. I can't access any of my email accounts.

s_cuttic

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with ICS right now. When I go to manage apps I can't find where to clear the cache. Reentering my password does no good. I can't access any of my email accounts.

Under settings, click apps, all apps and then scroll down to whatever app and click it and you'll have a few options... uninstall updates, force stop, clear cache and clear data.

r1racer

Reaction score

Although I read a lot on the forums here, I have never posted anything. Im not a real techy with my Maxx as many of you are but, my story with the JB update is worth sharing. I too got the OTA announcement for an update but like everyone else, it failed. So I decided to download it manually from the link many people are talking about (you can google it too). I downloaded it three separate times to my computer and then transferred it to my SD and then went through the steps to upload it to my phone. All three times it actually uploaded without Any problems, however, I had the exact same issue with my email sync and and constant error message to that affect. The other glitch I had immediately after this update was; I could receive texts BUT was UNABLE to SEND them. Sucked cuz I couldn't fix this problem, I pulled the SIM, rebooted countless times, downloaded the update three (finally four) times. The ultimate fix for me was this: the fourth time I downloaded the update, I put it directly on the SD card, avoiding the transfer from my desktop. Still didn't fix it so I finally did an FDR (sucked) but in the end worth it! After no success, and Verizon tech support was unable to help, I went into Verizon. He said I had done everything they would do so he was going to order me a new phone...

Here is what ultimately fixed my phone and so far, it and JB are working amazing! I asked for a new SIM Card and asked him to remove all my messaging setting from my account which he did as I asked. Installed the new SIM reset all my messaging rebooted the phone, now, my phone works awesome!!! Hope this helps!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thank you for sharing r1racer! This is very valuable information.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Although I read a lot on the forums here, I have never posted anything. Im not a real techy with my Maxx as many of you are but, my story with the JB update is worth sharing. I too got the OTA announcement for an update but like everyone else, it failed. So I decided to download it manually from the link many people are talking about (you can google it too). I downloaded it three separate times to my computer and then transferred it to my SD and then went through the steps to upload it to my phone. All three times it actually uploaded without Any problems, however, I had the exact same issue with my email sync and and constant error message to that affect. The other glitch I had immediately after this update was; I could receive texts BUT was UNABLE to SEND them. Sucked cuz I couldn't fix this problem, I pulled the SIM, rebooted countless times, downloaded the update three (finally four) times. The ultimate fix for me was this: the fourth time I downloaded the update, I put it directly on the SD card, avoiding the transfer from my desktop. Still didn't fix it so I finally did an FDR (sucked) but in the end worth it! After no success, and Verizon tech support was unable to help, I went into Verizon. He said I had done everything they would do so he was going to order me a new phone...

Here is what ultimately fixed my phone and so far, it and JB are working amazing! I asked for a new SIM Card and asked him to remove all my messaging setting from my account which he did as I asked. Installed the new SIM reset all my messaging rebooted the phone, now, my phone works awesome!!! Hope this helps!

First post, first like for a valuable contribution! Keep that rate up and we'll be calling you boss! :D

r1racer

Reaction score
First post, first like for a valuable contribution! Keep that rate up and we'll be calling you boss! :D

Thanks FoxKat, means a lot coming from you!