Safe to leave ICS for Jelly Bean????

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Hi all,
I'm still on ICS and was wondering if all the bugs and any issues have been worked out yet with JB. I've been on .215 ICS and just dealing with it's issues. So, I was wanting to know if now was the time to flash back to. 211 and update to the new os?
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
For me ICS was a freaking nightmare. JB really sped up my phone. Although to keep it running snappy and smooth, every morning I would cycle the power and clear the cashe. Good luck.

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

bigmatt503

Reaction score
No serious Problems on mine been on the leak since Dec. 24th.. I'm rooted and had to disable google Chrome (killing my battery and slow)... But I do like Google. Now..... Matt

Sent from my rooted droid razr using Tapatalk 4 beta

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Thanks, perhaps I too should disable Google Chrome. I don't really use it anyway. I've been happy with the stock browser.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Thanks, perhaps I too should disable Google Chrome. I don't really use it anyway. I've been happy with the stock browser.

That's probably not a bad idea, I've grown a real love hate relationship with Chrome.

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I think the stock browser works great!

Sent from my rooted droid razr using Tapatalk 4 beta

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I'll give the Chrome disable trick a try first, Thanks for the input!! I'm guessing that you say no to the idea of updating to Jelly Bean?
I've read about a bunch of issues with it. I wonder if those individuals with problems did an FDR before and after the update.

Last edited:

TriciaH

Reaction score
I had the Christmas leak and then the official. Yeah had a few issues but they are resolved now. Most issues that you would run into are addressed on the forum here. I think they have hit on every issue that has occurred. Some of my issues were caused by an app I was using. So can't blame that on the OS. Jelly Bean is running great.

Yep I also disabled Chrome.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I'll give the Chrome disable trick a try first, Thanks for the input!! I'm guessing that you say no to the idea of updating to Jelly Bean?
I've read about a bunch of issues with it. I wonder if those individuals with problems did an FDR before and after the update.

No I think we're saying the opposite, update to JB! I did FDR before and after the update.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Ok, how's the battery life? Better than ICS as good as Gingerbread? I don't really know the reason for my hesitation, afraid of change I guess. I do know that once I "upgrade" there's no going back. I still regret leaving GB, I've felt the phone ran better on it. I heard that many useful functions were removed or crippled like an alarm clock for example.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
For me: The battery life was much better in JB, horrible in ICS, but not as good as GB. I never noticed any crippled functions, but I have my favorite apps for alarms and calendar.
Clear your cache, conserve as much ram possible and enjoy. Perhaps you can play with a friends phone on JB and see if anything stands out or drives you nuts.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Ok, thanks for the advice. Perhaps I'll look at reverting back to. 211 to make the jump Jelly Bean.
Thanks again!

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I'm still deciding as well. My phone works good for the most part. But part of me is curious.