Is Motorola working on an update to fix ics battery for RAZR?

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
yea but even last night , drained it to around 50% before i charged it at night, and it was dropping pretty fast. its just something is weird, because even like the battery status apps, says 5hrs of use left, and that is what about i get, i know thye arent perfect. And i had no apps going other then background ones. just dont get it. How long per % do u get usually, after 20% mark.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
thrgk said:
yea i will use it and see.

I can tell you are getting discouraged by all this, and I'm not saying you shouldn't go to the nexus, you have to do what you think is best. I would however hate to see you go to the nexus and not like it. Maybe you'll love it, but the maxx is a great phone and if we can get the battery better for you, i think it's the best phone available.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
yea discouraged, i WANT the maxx, love it, but just annoying all this issues with the battery. I will use it today and post screenshots. let me know what screenshots u want posted, unless the ones i have been posting are good. I figure if i go nexus, 4000mah battery, last for 2 days easily, and it has JellyBean, but id rather have razr, idk, just like it. I posted mine on overclock.net for $450, doubt it will sell, but in the meantime we will see.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
OK so charged it to get 100% and won't charge it again until tonight and will post screenshots at 50%. I did just unplug and it went right to 96% but will leave that and hopefully will get all the screenshots that will tell ya what's wrong

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ok, leave it off charger till at least below 50%. It would have been nice to have stats with the 7 hr extended non-use included but not necessary. When below 50%, send us these screenshots:

Ok why, won't this app let me do attachments. Time to trouble shoot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Does this mean 20mibutes or hours and is it usually accurate? It jumped from 5hrs to 20some idk how or why. Wish I could get it to do this all the time. Now battery is fine but I bet tomorrow it won't be since I will charge over night. Seems hit or miss

ForumRunner_20120806_140557.png

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am not exactly sure what you are referring to. Here are the screenshots that you will post when you get to 50% or less (finally figured out what the problem was). Nope, nevermind... guess I didn't.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
it says time left 16:57, in the 94% status bar thing, is that usually accurate? it was at 5something, but just by luck it went to 17 about, and now i seem to get good battery life, each 1% is lasting a good 6minutes like i should get, im afraid when i go to charge it, it will go back to 5, and only get 2-3minutes per 1%. Seems like its hit or miss, and just luck that it is working now, but prolly when i charge it tonight, in the morning it wont work

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That stupid left 16.57 notice in the notification bar never made sense to me because it always seems random where that information comes from. Wish it would just give the time so far on charge and the estimated time left based on your average usage. I think the first # time left in that notification refers to the time you have left based on your average statistics and the next # time left is based on if you continued to use your phone as you currently have been using it the last minute of use.

I don't think when you go to charge it, it is going to change things. You have to look at the overall use over a longer period of time, not just use over a small sample of time. Sometimes for three minutes of use you may use 1% and another time 15 minutes of use will only use 1%. It all depends on the things your phone is doing at that time.

I know you are frustrated and anxious but try to sit back, relax, grab your favorite beverage, listen to your favorite music (preferably not hard rock, lol) and give it some time to see what happens.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks to CK to the rescue again... here are the screenshots you will post when you get to 50% or less:
Screenshot_2012-08-06-12-19-57.pngScreenshot_2012-08-06-12-20-05.pngScreenshot_2012-08-06-12-20-12.pngScreenshot_2012-08-06-12-20-23.pngScreenshot_2012-08-06-12-20-34.png

He works magic!

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Sweet will post them. You rooted or stock btw?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

joshxdroid

Reaction score
moset said:
Holy nuclear meltdown Batman, what are you running to get that kind of screen time?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Also i want to know that ^^^