Is Motorola working on an update to fix ics battery for RAZR?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
We're working on getting there and we are making progress. How much you can expect really depends on how much time you spend doing those things. If your screen is on for several hours, it will be less battery.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
ok, so just to make sure, day 1, battery at 50%, charged to 100% phone off, day 2, down to 10%, charge to 100% phone off, today, day 3, had it plugged in to tether, charge a bit. Should i start another battery training cycle?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No, we don't have to. If when this cycle got to 10% and you wanted to charge it to 100% again with phone off, you could but not necessary... for now.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
For some reason I let it charge to 100% it said then unplugged but went to 96% plugged charger goes to 100%. Where and how to get the 4% back? I'm using 1% compatible battery status so its not the 10% interval screwijg me up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

joshxdroid

Reaction score
thrgk said:
For some reason I let it charge to 100% it said then unplugged but went to 96% plugged charger goes to 100%. Where and how to get the 4% back? I'm using 1% compatible battery status so its not the 10% interval screwijg me up

If you are charging your phone with the power on, the meter can't be 100% accurate due to some power being used by apps and the OS. That's probably why it does that

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The rate of discharge will vary... the first 10-20% discharges the fastest. Between 30%-80%, the discharge levels out and lasts longer. It is almost impossible to tell how well the battery is doing in the very first 10% of discharge. You really have to let it have a steady discharge from apporximately 90% down to 20-30% to see what your battery is capable of.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Tomorrow level discharge to 30% will be easy since is the start of the week! Thanks

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
i'm predicting you will get at least 10 hours if not more!

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Hehe of use or on time? We will see

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
OK so this morning tested how much time per percent I'm getting. 3minutes 30seconds per percent. That is normal web browsing and reading pages. Still way to low. Getting sick of this. That's only 3g on all tips mentioned active

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
think i am going to sell my maxx and buy a nexus on ebay for $200 used. How much can i get for a pretty much brand new razr maxx, otterbox case, etc?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That math does not make sense. How many hours/minutes have you been on battery and how much battery is left. If at you were at 100% or less when you posted last night, you have been on battery for 10 hours. We need to know how many hours you get from approximately 100% to 10% and see what is using battery in that time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
what i did was charge it to 100%, left it on overnight, with smart actions on, when i woke up, 7hrs later, at 95%. I then used the phone for around 35minutse on and off, mostly all at the same time, and it was at 85%. I had titanium freeze apps like games and stuff. makes no sense why its dying so quickly

joshxdroid

Reaction score
thrgk said:
what i did was charge it to 100%, left it on overnight, with smart actions on, when i woke up, 7hrs later, at 95%. I then used the phone for around 35minutse on and off, mostly all at the same time, and it was at 85%. I had titanium freeze apps like games and stuff. makes no sense why its dying so quickly

So setting on idle for 7 hours it lost 5% that seems fine. Losing 10% in 35 minutes seems fast even under constant use, but remember that to twenty percent doors drain quicker than the next 60%

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Keep using your phone as you normally would and when it gets to 30%, we can see how it is doing. The fact that you got 7 hours with no use and only used 5% is huge... that means you have nothing sucking battery in the background that shouldn't be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums