Is Motorola working on an update to fix ics battery for RAZR?

thrgk

Reaction score
So I called verizon she has a RAZR and experienced same battery dying quickly issue after ics and said a update is in the works since problem was reported to Google and vzw and Motorola. Is this just. 215? Cause that did not help me. Should I try to get the galaxy s3 or? If there really is a update. Otw I will wait.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jaye712

Reaction score
thrgk said:
So I called verizon she has a RAZR and experienced same battery dying quickly issue after ics and said a update is in the works since problem was reported to Google and vzw and Motorola. Is this just. 215? Cause that did not help me. Should I try to get the galaxy s3 or? If there really is a update. Otw I will wait.

Should do a fdr if u haven't yet..helped me out

DROIDRAZR ICS215

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
I have tried custom roms. 2 FDR in a row out of options.

jaye712

Reaction score
thrgk said:
I have tried custom roms. 2 FDR in a row out of options.

Disabling bloat apps too i take it?it could be many reasons why its diein so quick..my 2nd replacement had the same issue because of "advanced task killer "..might wrked ok with others but for me"i learned my lesson "that app literally fryed my phone"meening the battery. Until then,iam stomped..someone will definitely help u with this problem..if anything, replace it if u gotta..i would

DROIDRAZR ICS215

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would not expect better battery life out of the S3 since it has a smaller battery and a bigger screen.

Have you tried downloading something like Bad A$$ Battery monitor to see what is using up all of your battery?

jaye712

Reaction score
Sydman said:
I would not expect better battery life out of the S3 since it has a smaller battery and a bigger screen.

Have you tried downloading something like Bad A$$ Battery monitor to see what is using up all of your battery?

What he jst said^^ battery monitor *

DROIDRAZR ICS215

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
ok, so vzw said they will give me the galaxy nexus, if i want, i did see some people were getting 12hrs out of the nexus with moderate to heavy use. think i should switch? hate down grading, but i need battery

huskur

Reaction score

Standard Razr in question here I think. FYI- I am getting 20 hours out of the SG3 on average and I am a moderate/heavy user. 10 days left before my cycle restarts and am at 3.125 GB.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
thrgk said:
ok, so vzw said they will give me the galaxy nexus, if i want, i did see some people were getting 12hrs out of the nexus with moderate to heavy use. think i should switch? hate down grading, but i need battery

I wouldn't take that trade, but that's up to you. I'd push them to give me a maxx. It would either be maxx or nothing in my opinion.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
i am on a maxx, they cahnged my razr to a razr maxx. I was thinking, maybe sell my maxx out right with otterbox case, and then buy a used s3 or even a bionic with extended battery, something that gets 5+ hrs of use

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't take that trade, but that's up to you. I'd push them to give me a maxx. It would either be maxx or nothing in my opinion.

GNex isn't really a downgrade, per se. At least you gain an unlockable bootloader (if that is your thing). If modding is not of interest, i'd push for the Maxx.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Standard Razr in question here I think. FYI- I am getting 20 hours out of the SG3 on average and I am a moderate/heavy user. 10 days left before my cycle restarts and am at 3.125 GB.

Yeah I noticed that after I posted it, I forget not everyone has the Maxx. Moot point I guess since they are only offering him the Gnex, I thought you jumped the S3 ship?

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
2-3hrs, are u on ics? what did u do to get that good battery life