Is it me or does the Incredible take Incredibly bad photos?

PaulQ

Reaction score
I don't think I have the ability to hold the camera steady which makes things difficult enough but even when I do, the image doesn't seem that great.

I have it set to 8mpx.

Any suggestions or is this it?

Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The picture quality exceeds my expectations, especially for a phone. I was never one to be the one shooting pictures on a real camera so I honestly can't compare it to a traditional digital camera.

However what I did notice from my original droid is the ability to focus. The Inc doesn't seem to focus as long as the Droid...or at least I haven't figured it out yet.

TurboDub

Reaction score
Well in my opinion I really like the photos it takes. It's my first smart phone and I like it alot.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

benner

Reaction score
The picture quality exceeds my expectations, especially for a phone. I was never one to be the one shooting pictures on a real camera so I honestly can't compare it to a traditional digital camera.

However what I did notice from my original droid is the ability to focus. The Inc doesn't seem to focus as long as the Droid...or at least I haven't figured it out yet.

I'm sure you know but just incase, you can tap the screen on the area your wanting it to focus on for a better focus.

riko540

Reaction score
I used to have an issue with taking pictures with the incredible as well. I got used to it and now the pictures look great. As was mentioned above you can tap on the area you are trying to focus on.

sent from my pocket

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

I'm sure you know but just incase, you can tap the screen on the area your wanting it to focus on for a better focus.

No I wasn't aware of this. Show how much i use the camera huh? lol.

When I do need to snap a quick shot this will help big time, thanks!

edit: i knew the droid could since it has a dedicated camera button, didn't know how to make it focus manually on the Incredible though. Thanks again

Droidfish

Reaction score
My wife has an incredible and whenever I need to snap a quick pic I find myself reaching for her phone as opposed to my D1 (which everyone knows has a pretty crappy camera) I really like the photo quality I get out of the incredible.

GT944

Reaction score
I found that it takes great photos, as long as I'm sure my hands are steady and I try to press the button very gently so I don't move the phone.

coskier

Reaction score
HTC cameras have sucked for a long time. That said, this one is a little better than the one on my old Touch Pro 2. I do wish I had more control over the flash (or maybe I need to use it more and figure it out).

But when I really want/ plan to take pictures, I take my dSLR.

stevevetter

Reaction score

No I wasn't aware of this. Show how much i use the camera huh? lol.

When I do need to snap a quick shot this will help big time, thanks!

edit: i knew the droid could since it has a dedicated camera button, didn't know how to make it focus manually on the Incredible though. Thanks again

Not only is this a useful bit of knowledge for focus, but touching and holding the screen for a couple of seconds at that spot will snap the picture. I found my problem was that I couldn't hold the phone steady while pressing the optical mouse button to snap a pic.

Once somebody told me to long press on the screen to snap a pic, no more blurry photos from my own movement.

coskier

Reaction score
Not only is this a useful bit of knowledge for focus, but touching and holding the screen for a couple of seconds at that spot will snap the picture. I found my problem was that I couldn't hold the phone steady while pressing the optical mouse button to snap a pic.

Once somebody told me to long press on the screen to snap a pic, no more blurry photos from my own movement.

Excellent tip, I had no idea. I'll give it a go.

schollianmj

Reaction score
man i already thought that it took pretty good pictures, but now that i know about the long press the screen the pic quality is even better! Thanks guys!

Lost My Mind

Reaction score
Another thing you can do is set the countdown to 2 seconds. That way you can press the button, and have enough time to steady it, before it automaticly takes the pic. You can also tap the screen to focus in combination with this method.

Personally I find holding the screen to be awkward, but pressing the button does shake the camera. The 2 second delay I find gives it enough time for the camera to not shake anymore.

Reaction score
the pics are good in general for a phone, but when compared to phones like the DX, i guess the lack of mechanical shutter and different flash type make the difference.

juice1113

Reaction score
My camera makes a loud wining noise when it is focusing. Is this normal?