Is the battery really that bad on the incredible?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by Aluminum21, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

I've been reading that the phone is pretty much dead after a days use and is even worse the nexus one battery. I'm 75% sure switching from the droid to the incredible for various reasons (never use keyboard...) but I always admired the droids battery life. So for those that actually have the phone, how bad is it?
  2. big.daddy

big.daddy New Member

Really! you admired the droids battery? I had to charge mine at least once during the day to make it to the evening. I guess it directly proportional to how much you use the phone.
  3. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

I did charge it every night, but always had like 50% left. When I go NYC for I use my phone a lot all day and my Droid is down to 15-20% by the time I call it a day

I'm worried the incredible wouldn't last a day during the heavy use days
  4. Sweettooth

Sweettooth New Member

I usually charge my Droid at the end of the night and even then it's pretty much optional and I use mine CONSTANTLY. Then again I'd say I was your above average smooth operator, and a rather charming individual, so needless to say, I know what my Droid likes to hear, and I think all the flattery and sweet nothings I've whispered into its earpiece have caused it to activate com.google.android.bat-effic.
  5. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Don't be too quick to believe the battery thing with the Incredible simply because people are playing with their new toys alot. I am also willing to bet that those that received it early didn't do the whole charge/cycle thing initially. I am also willing to bet that they have Bluetooth and GPS turned on the whole time as well. Simply put once they start going out to everyone and there is a REAL baseline to go off of the battery life will be equal to or possibly slightly better than the N1.
  6. dunamis

dunamis New Member

The battery is actually better than I initially anticipated and in fact it's better then my droid ever was. And no I didn't charge/drain cycle cause my belief is that you don't need to with the new batteries.
  7. GodDriven

GodDriven New Member

++1 on this.. This is amazing.. The batter life is much better than anticipated.. as well..

So far, it is INCREDIBLE!
  8. mossostdrauka

mossostdrauka New Member

I thought i was the only one to find that .apk!! sweet nothings did the trick for me too!
  9. steve2u42

steve2u42 New Member

i do not use my phone alot but i did play with it when i got it. I was not thrilled about the battery but i knew it was not so good. I went out and bought the 3500 and OMG, IMO it was the best move i could make. Love my phone. I had to charge it once or twice a day when i got the stock battery. Now with the 3500 i do not need to charge it till I go to bed. I am in construction and i listen to the music player alot. Not a problem. I do not need to worry at all. I was at a friends place who has no service so the phone was constantly searching and never died. 3500 battery is the way to go.
  10. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Member

My phone is dead by the end of the night but only because I talk on speakerphone for about 2-3 hours toward the end of the day. Battery was very disappointing for me when I first got the phone, but I've learned to make it better and it's not that big a deal.
  11. LTizzil

LTizzil New Member

It's horrible for me, I have it on the charger 2-3 times a day. What makes it worse is that it takes about 4 hours to do a full charge. Maybe something is wrong with my phone bc I do not think it is normal.
  12. chaz.ring

chaz.ring New Member

sounds perfectly normal with a stock battery to me...

Its why I paid for a 3500mah seido battery...and love it.
Search tags for this page
battery going dead on htc droid incredible 2
droid incredible battery awful
how do i know when my battery for my htc incredible2 is bad

how do you know when htc hd7 battery goes bad

how do you know when your htc battery is bad ?

how i know if htc battery is bad

how to tell if an htc battery is bad
htc incredible 2 bad battery
htc incredible 2 battery bad

htc incredible bad battery

is my battery bad in my htc incredible

why do droid x2 batteries go bad