Is it just me or is Froyo sluggish?

OP
eliassami5

eliassami5

Reaction score
I wouldnt even say the first leak was sluggish and laggy. But u definitely can tell the difference between the 2.

The very first apps I install on any new install is ADW and Launcher Pro. What u think is sluggish just might be the stock launcher.

trust me it wasn't just the stock launcher...it was everywhere. When i get some free time i will try 2.2 again and see if i get better results this time. I feel a little better now knowing that it does run very quickly on other people phones, i thought it was this slow for everybody.

This time im gonna wipe data and cache twice before flashing the rom, then twice after and see if that makes it any better

silvere2

Reaction score
Mine is laggy too! But for me it's livewallpapers that makes it laggy, I don't understand why. Without them it's snappy as hell, but with them it's VERY sluggish. Even with 2.1, my phone has never been able to handle livewallpapers well at all, and I can't for the life of me understand why.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine is laggy too! But for me it's livewallpapers that makes it laggy, I don't understand why. Without them it's snappy as hell, but with them it's VERY sluggish. Even with 2.1, my phone has never been able to handle livewallpapers well at all, and I can't for the life of me understand why.

running live wallpapers is the equivalent of running video in the background.