Is it just me or is Froyo sluggish?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok you have a working device; ima assume you wiill be waiting for bugless froyo.

OP
eliassami5

eliassami5

Reaction score
ok you have a working device; ima assume you wiill be waiting for bugless froyo.

i saw on your website that a bugless froyo rom is already out but was reading about all of its issues and decided i could wait for all that to be worked out.

Another reason i went back to BB was because i didnt have to use Set Cpu, with BB on a 1Ghz kernel my battery life is 40-60% better..no joke. Set Cpu at 1ghz on froyo set to conservative drains my batter quickly. I compared BB 1.1 at 1ghz with no set cpu to BB 1.1 at 1ghz using set cpu and scores were identical..yet much better battery life with no set cpu.

Last edited:

iPirate

Reaction score
You are using the official OTA release with the perfected drivers and such?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i would definatly try to redownload the updated 2.2 then flash that to see if you get better results.

im running 2.2 @ 1200 and its blazing fast makes my old 2.1 rom running @ 1250 seem old and antiquated.

brando56894

Reaction score
Its slightly laggy at times, but not show stopping. I just flashed to BB froyo and its slightly faster Ive only found one problem so far: app organizer crashes constantly. Ive only been using it for about 20 minutes so im sure ill find more problems.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its slightly laggy at times, but not show stopping. I just flashed to BB froyo and its slightly faster Ive only found one problem so far: app organizer crashes constantly. Ive only been using it for about 20 minutes so im sure ill find more problems.

thats not a problem with froyo its the fact that the developer has not updated his app with the new SDK.

wil318466

Reaction score
Something isn't right here. The speed increase is downright amazing, it doesn't make sense that your phone is sluggish. Maybe a full wipe would address the issue, but what you are experiencing is NOT the norm.

tktouch12

Reaction score
the first leak was extremely laggy and sluggish. but the second one runs great on my phone and i might even say its snappier than bb i was running, and i dont have it clocked as fast.
i bet bb v.1 is even better, but i'm just using the stock 2nd leak

gsDroid

Reaction score
I agree w/superglen99. Pete's BBFRF57v01 is amazing. I came from Fab's NexBeast based on Pete's earlier 2.1 rom. I wiped data/factory reset and wiped cache and formatted system, data, cache, and boot 3 times each before flashing. Market synced up all my apps within 5 minutes and wifi works perfectly. Switched to LauncherPro and all is well.

Reaction score
Running BB v0.1 Froyo at 1.1GHz...fastest my phone has ever been. I was running JRummy's Remix v0.8 (CyanogenMod 5.0.7.1) before at the same overclock...there's no comparison.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt even say the first leak was sluggish and laggy. But u definitely can tell the difference between the 2.

The very first apps I install on any new install is ADW and Launcher Pro. What u think is sluggish just might be the stock launcher.