is htc developing a verizon droid to beat all others on the market?

tktouch12

Reaction score
well, i love sense ui and i love htc phones in general. i like their hardware, how they work, and everything about them. i promised myself the next phone i get will be an htc.

but, what is htc doing? are they developing a phone that will out perform the droid x? we never hear anything about new htc's and we never get pics of any in progress, so are there any? i dont want to spend my money buying an incredible since it will soon be outdated (although it is an amazing phone), i'd rather spend it on the next htc phone, but where is it?
is htc designing a super phone for verizon that will destroy all the competition? (i sure hope so, and then i'll probably buy that at retail)

thanks

(i didnt know where to put this so i put it here, it seems most relevant here. please move it otherwise.)

zMd113

Reaction score
I'm sure an Incredible 2 is on the way for release next April, that will be one year since the original Incredible.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
if you are afraid your unit will be outdated then there is no reason to ever get one cause as soon as you buy it something else will always come that is better. I am sure HTC is working on there next great phone and it will be awsome!!

Chris

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's rumored that an "HTC Scorpion" will come to verizon very late this year or early next year.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
if you are afraid your unit will be outdated then there is no reason to ever get one cause as soon as you buy it something else will always come that is better.
Chris

Yes, I know, I just don't want to buy an incredible because its not a big enough step up from my droid. But I know that's how phones work.

I hope its awesome then

zMd113

Reaction score
It's rumored that an "HTC Scorpion" will come to verizon very late this year or early next year.

Oh man phone names are getting funnier by the second! Lol
I hope if they do make a new Incredible it keeps it's name.

kmo

Reaction score
if you are afraid your unit will be outdated then there is no reason to ever get one cause as soon as you buy it something else will always come that is better.
Chris

Yes, I know, I just don't want to buy an incredible because its not a big enough step up from my droid. But I know that's how phones work.

I hope its awesome then

What is a "big enough step up"? Nothing, right now. The INC keeps up with everything out there at the moment, period. All the hardware on these new devices are pretty much at the same level. Everything that has risen this year are very similar in performance, only subtle differences at this time. We haven't even seen the froyo 2.2 update which will bring this device up to another level. So, I don't see anyone who chooses this phone having any problems staying on top of the user experience, for quite a while. Just because there are all these new phones coming out doesn't mean they're all better, different yes, more tweaks yes, but performance wise this phone will be a contender in the Android market, at least while HTC and VZW keep supplying it, and that could end any day. Doesn't mean this phone isn't a great device with a great end user experience.

ckeegan

Reaction score
I have been an HTC owner since 2004 (Harrier --> Apache --> Titan --> Rhodium). Typically, HTC releases non-keyboard devices in April, and physical keyboard devices in 4th quarter. I am personally surprised that we haven't heard anything about one for Verizon yet, so I honestly don't know what I'll do this fall/winter.

Typically we've seen the 4th quarter HTC devices hit the FCC 4 months in advance, but nothing so far. It's pretty frustrating that HTC hasn't let anything leak out, since I honestly see them losing a pretty healthy market share to Moto and Samsung in the US.

Anyway, here is HTC's release list for Verizon in the past.

Keyboard
HTC Harrier - November 2004
HTC Apache - February 2006 (odd delays, believe me, I know)
HTC Titan - December 2007
HTC Raphael - November 2008
HTC Rhodium - September 2009

Non-Keyboard
HTC Vogue - April 2008
HTC Diamond - April 2009
HTC Droid Eris - November 2009
HTC Droid Incredible - April 2010

Last edited:
OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
Chris

I hope its awesome then

What is a "big enough step up"? Nothing, right now. The INC keeps up with everything out there at the moment, period.

i know, it is an amazing phone and i wish i had one, but i can overclock my droid to the same speed and it has the same size screen, so i want something that will blow my droid out of the water when i get it (nothing quite yet)
and i agree it will keep up for a while hopefully.

ckeegan, thanks for that timeline. i might wait until next april if something incredible (that was an accident) comes out. they really need to let us know something, so i dont give up and give into the droid pro. (but i would never do that)

Last edited:
OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
I just checked out the htc evo, and its really cool. A phone like that wouold be awesome. I love the huge screen and htc uses the screen so well. I like all the features they put in that phone too like the kickstand, and the phone isn't ugly. Basically, that with better specs and maybe an optival trackball would be perfect

mach330

Reaction score
I just checked out the htc evo, and its really cool. A phone like that wouold be awesome. I love the huge screen and htc uses the screen so well. I like all the features they put in that phone too like the kickstand, and the phone isn't ugly. Basically, that with better specs and maybe an optival trackball would be perfect

i also hope the next htc phone would be like the evo but thinner (like the Dx or Dinc). that would be bad a$$. i'm kind'a digging the bigger screen now. maybe like a 4" screen (ala..galaxy S) would be a nice compromise.

ffej89

Reaction score
I love my Evo but I'm a fan of senseUI all the way. If i had Verizon i would choose the Inc. over the x for sure. The 4.3 inch screen is sweet though

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm interested to see what's next, but IMO, the snapdragon processor is over rated.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I didnt want to read through this thread but from a while ago an HTC Scorpion was rumored for late 2010 or early 2011.