HTC Droid Incredible or Motorola Droid X??????

Reaction score
I'm upgrading my phone to one of the DROID phones from Verizon, but I cannot decide between the HTC DROID Incredible and the Motorola DROID X. I LOVE both phones, and I really want HTC sense instead of MOTOBLUR, but the bigger screen is amazing...and maybe too big/ fragile? And if the Incredible is going to be replaced soon, I dont want to buy a phone just as it's going out of style. Has anyone tried both phones? Please give me your opinions!!!!!!

dancedroid> FTW.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
I came from a D1 and went to the droid X let me say I love it and live this version of motoblur its as close to stock as I've ever seen and its not in your face instructive in face its only some widgets as fast as I can see all of which can be removed.

dbu

Reaction score
I'm upgrading my phone to one of the DROID phones from Verizon, but I cannot decide between the HTC DROID Incredible and the Motorola DROID X. I LOVE both phones, and I really want HTC sense instead of MOTOBLUR, but the bigger screen is amazing...and maybe too big/ fragile? And if the Incredible is going to be replaced soon, I dont want to buy a phone just as it's going out of style. Has anyone tried both phones? Please give me your opinions!!!!!!

dancedroid> FTW.

I had an X for 2 weeks and hated it. I swapped mine out for an Incredible and couldn't be happier. The bootloader on the X is locked so sadly I don't think the full potential of that phone will ever be realized.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score

dancedroid> FTW.

I had an X for 2 weeks and hated it. I swapped mine out for an Incredible and couldn't be happier. The bootloader on the X is locked so sadly I don't think the full potential of that phone will ever be realized.

What exactly do you hate about it?

dbu

Reaction score

dancedroid> FTW.

What exactly do you hate about it?

To big, the camera sucks and the fact that it has a locked bootloader really irks me. I know it can be rooted and you can bootstrap the recovery but untill the bootloader is cracked nothing very revolutionary is going to happen with it. The Incredible has pretty much the same specs with a kick ass camera and you can do whatever you want with it.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Ok the camera is amazing for a phone just look at thus picture I took of my hand in the dark, and the bootloader isn't a big deal since it can be rooted and so on just as you said.
2010-09-25_18-38-58_348.jpg

Last edited:

kenbiz

Reaction score
X is too big..Verizon is putting out new phones all the time so as soon as you buy one there's a new one waiting to be released.. wouldn't let that be a factor is deciding.. I used the x for a few.. just didn't like it.. incredible just felt better.

abe7333

Reaction score

dancedroid> FTW.

I don't know dude which droid x you had but I live mine from day 1. Especially the screen....

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the size upside your head or in your pocket is no big deal the X may be the one.
For me it was a big deal. I don't think there is a huge difference in cameras honestly and they are both fast at what you want them to do

wified from my monolith using a slider keypad

spacemonkey

Reaction score
My gf has the X and I have the incredible, after using both I think that the Incredible is the much better choice. I would go to verizon and just play around with both phones and choose the one that you like best.

orangepeel

Reaction score
I have both for the time being.I bought the Inc off a guy from work for an "incredible" price. So far I like the Inc better mainly because of it's size,and I like the UI better on the HTC. I may keep them both and swap back and forth,but I will probably sell the X to my brother.The X is a great phone,but I just prefer a bit smaller phone,though you do become more used to the larger size of the X over time.

I was more interested in the Inc over the X in the beginning,but I read where people had problems with the reception on the Inc so I passed on it. As for now I haven't noticed any difference in reception,they both pick up well where I work,and they both cut in and out at my house because I'm in a fringe area. I'm really happy with the inc so far,but YOU CAN'T go wrong with the X (or and Droid for that matter)either.

It's all personal preference really. Oh yeah,if you play games on your phone the X may be the way to go because it has a dedicated graphics card,and from what I understand the HTC does not.

Last edited:

dbu

Reaction score
I have both for the time being.I bought the Inc off a guy from work for an "incredible" price. So far I like the Inc better mainly because of it's size,and I like the UI better on the HTC. I may keep them both and swap back and forth,but I will probably sell the X to my brother.The X is a great phone,but I just prefer a bit smaller phone,though you do become more used to the larger size of the X over time.

I was more interested in the Inc over the X in the beginning,but I read where people had problems with the reception on the Inc so I passed on it. As for now I haven't noticed any difference in reception,they both pick up well where I work,and they both cut in and out at my house because I'm in a fringe area. I'm really happy with the inc so far,but YOU CAN'T go wrong with the X (or and Droid for that matter)either.

It's all personal preference really. Oh yeah,if you play games on your phone the X may be the way to go because it has a dedicated graphics card,and from what I understand the HTC does not.

The incredible has a dedicated gpu.

Sent from Uranus