Is anyone else mad about the palm pre news?

carbonnoid

Reaction score
Here we are having to Root and throw in another kernel and if we want real tehtering we have to pay for it, with the palm pre, they are allowing it to be a hot spot anywhere for free! WTF. Why Verizon? Why allow palm users use get something great and not us droid users? why!

jasonb

Reaction score
Here we are having to Root and throw in another kernel and if we want real tehtering we have to pay for it, with the palm pre, they are allowing it to be a hot spot anywhere for free! WTF. Why Verizon? Why allow palm users use get something great and not us droid users? why!

it's not free on the palm.

and we don't have to pay extra to do it. there is no tethering plan for the droid, we can do it but suposedly it's risky.

Mojo

Reaction score
Not risky at all LOL I am tethering as I type this. And no OP... there is nothing about palm that makes me jelous

jasonb

Reaction score
Not risky at all LOL I am tethering as I type this. And no OP... there is nothing about palm that makes me jelous

yea, as long as you don't go toooo crazy you'll most likely be ok.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

it's not free on the palm.

and we don't have to pay extra to do it. there is no tethering plan for the droid, we can do it but suposedly it's risky.

In fact VZW just dropped the price of tethering on the Pre to $0. That, however, is not the point. It's hardly unusual for a company to offer incentives and features on one model they don't offer on others. In case you haven't noticed, Malibu buyers don't get Corvette engines and Corvette owners don't get a pickup truck's bed.

Reaction score

True Lyrics. I personally dont care who thinks the palm is better, and it can tether. I like my little android and its pushing 1.2Ghz.. Them or me..I donno about you but i choose me. Besides, regardless of what people think Ill hang out with my buddies's and Pwn each and every one of thier Iphones... Nuff said?

Getaphixx

Reaction score

yea, as long as you don't go toooo crazy you'll most likely be ok.

I've dumped my cable internet. I've been using my droid as my ONLY internet now for 3 months..

When they say unlimited.. I think they mean that.

And don't pay PDAnet 25$ for tethering..

Easytether has it for 10$

Surf on!

OP
C

carbonnoid

Reaction score

Kack

Reaction score
Ive been Using Tether for a month i use it for my home pc, lap top and my Ps3. nothing yet. YET hopefully