Palm Pre does... Why doesn't our Droid?

BlooS

Reaction score
I believe it costs $30 extras. Sorry m if I'm wrong. But my Droid does it for free.

D

Dragon3463

Yes it cost an extra 30 a month a verizon rep told me when I got this phone, but turned him down. Someone told me to check out pda.net I think?. Something like the tether for the blackberry phones..

BlooS

Reaction score
pda.net tethers via usb or bluetooth. You can download the app on the market.

natty_lite

Reaction score
The new ads for the Verizon Palm Pre mentions it being a "mobile hotspot for up to 5 devices". Why is Verizon allowing this for no extra charge and not offering it on Droid? I know the phone could handle it if the Pre can. Verizon needs to offer it for us too.
The Pre Plus mobile hotspot feature cost an extra 40 bucks a month. Far from free.

billyidle

Reaction score
Dragon, you wouldn't have to crop your wallpapers if you edited them to the correct size first, the alternative would be having them stretched or squished. No thank you, I'll just put a wallpaper on at the proper pixelsXpixels and have it full size uncropped, unsquished, and unstretched.

silvere2

Reaction score
Love my droid!!!

But there's alot this phone doesn't do, they claim "What other phones don't do, Droid Does." Well the droid can't take an image
and use that ENTIRE image as a background, I always have to cut the image with the square editor to get part of the image. Then its usually what I won't.

Blackberry does alot more than the droid, as far as the background setting goes, except its got the boring black box at the top where it shows the status of the phone and apps. And a few other things that BB does the droid don't do and vice versa.

Not all phones are perfect, I've never read a review one ANY phone that gets a 5 star rating. There's always something somewhere that's wrong.
The Storm 2, Tour, Droid, Nexus, IPhone all has got a 4 star rating. www.cnet.com and search mobile phones and see the results.

Blackberry and Motorola need to get together and build the perfect phone.

Its going to be interesting with the comments that I get on this..
But everyone has an opinion and this is just mine..

Cool story bro.

Not really sure what it has to do with the thread though...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
But there's alot this phone doesn't do, they claim "What other phones don't do, Droid Does." Well the droid can't take an image
and use that ENTIRE image as a background, I always have to cut the image with the square editor to get part of the image.
Sure it can. You need to make sure that the image is the correct aspect ratio if you want to use the entire image.

It's the same as any other device. If I didn't set the aspect ratio/crop correctly for my BB's wallpapers I'd have unused screen space.

Last edited:

atlharry

Reaction score
It's actually $40 for the 3G Mobile Hotspot which is different from tethering. Tethering = 1 phone to 1 computer. Wireless hotspot = 1 phone to 5 computers (which is why it costs more).

View attachment 4288

Last edited:

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are referring to the new Mobile Hotspot feature is yes it is Free as in a Free app on the Pre, What they arent telling you is there is an extra monthly fee of like $45/month in order to use that feature.

EDIT: About 3 people beat me to it, but yeah. Its definitely not free.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Does anyone care to share how they have this feature for free on their Droid? :biggrin:

People have rooted their phones and are using a root only wifi tether program to get the wifi connectivity. You can access the tether by multiple computers, but as with any bandwidth, the more access the slower it goes.

If you aren't rooted you can use PDANet which will give you usb/bluetooth connectivity for one pc at at time.

billyidle

Reaction score
Just correcting atlharry, multiple computers can connect via wifi to my droid and gain internet access. All for free :)

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP: go ahead and buy the palm pre plus.

lol