Palm Pre does... Why doesn't our Droid?

Reaction score
The new ads for the Verizon Palm Pre mentions it being a "mobile hotspot for up to 5 devices". Why is Verizon allowing this for no extra charge and not offering it on Droid? I know the phone could handle it if the Pre can. Verizon needs to offer it for us too.

tktouch12

Reaction score
wow, its free on the palm? then we should get it too. but, maybe they feel sorry for that pitiful phone

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's entirely possible that Palm is footing the bill for this....

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and they never say it's free or included without extra cost.

hyunkoon

Reaction score
In my memory, you have to pay for extra data plan for the hotspot.

That's what I heard from Verizon, 3 weeks ago

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Pre supports its use as a wifi hotspot, not simply tethering for a single device. However, the feature is clearly aimed at providing a unique sales benefit for the device. It's called a marketing strategy.

D

Dragon3463

Love my droid!!!

But there's alot this phone doesn't do, they claim "What other phones don't do, Droid Does." Well the droid can't take an image
and use that ENTIRE image as a background, I always have to cut the image with the square editor to get part of the image. Then its usually what I won't.

Blackberry does alot more than the droid, as far as the background setting goes, except its got the boring black box at the top where it shows the status of the phone and apps. And a few other things that BB does the droid don't do and vice versa.

Not all phones are perfect, I've never read a review one ANY phone that gets a 5 star rating. There's always something somewhere that's wrong.
The Storm 2, Tour, Droid, Nexus, IPhone all has got a 4 star rating. www.cnet.com and search mobile phones and see the results.

Blackberry and Motorola need to get together and build the perfect phone.

Its going to be interesting with the comments that I get on this..
But everyone has an opinion and this is just mine..

Last edited by a moderator:

Zargon

Reaction score
The Pre supports its use as a wifi hotspot, not simply tethering for a single device. However, the feature is clearly aimed at providing a unique sales benefit for the device. It's called a marketing strategy.

My Droid acts as a hotspot and can connect several devices (3 is the most I've tried at once). :)

deputc26

Reaction score
It is an extra $30/mos for the Pre if you want this, on the droid it is free ;)