Get a Droid and Make $100 bucks!

mypantsaretorn

Reaction score
Ok, I am sorry if this is not allowed in this forum but I thought I would give this a try:

I bought a Droid the day it came out and I instantly fell in love. However, after hearing about the Palm Pre Plus coming out in a couple weeks, that has stole my attention away from the Droid. I used to have a Pre on Sprint and I loved it but Sprint was horrible in every way possible. So now that the Pre Plus is coming to Verizon it is like a match made in heaven! for me at least....

So here is what I would like to do:
1. The person would have to be eligible for upgrade by January 25th or straight out open a new line and purchase a Palm Pre Plus on Verizon under the 2 year contract. (I will re-imburse this cost to you)
2. I will trade you my Droid with 2 charging docks, anti glare screen (1 unused and there is also one currently on the screen), OEM motorola car charger, and on top of all this I will give you an extra $100 for your troubles for the new Palm Pre Plus.

I would prefer someone in the Los Angeles area so we could handle this transaction in person. I am scared about sending this hardware in the mail and never receiving anything back. If you are not in the Los Angeles area and you are interested in this deal then contact me and maybe we can work something out.

This could be a great opportunity for someone that is eligible for an upgrade or just looking to purchase a droid under a new plan that doesn't want to spend the money in buying one. This is a win win situation for both parties.

Lynx

Reaction score
Ok, I am sorry if this is not allowed in this forum but I thought I would give this a try:

I bought a Droid the day it came out and I instantly fell in love. However, after hearing about the Palm Pre Plus coming out in a couple weeks, that has stole my attention away from the Droid. I used to have a Pre on Sprint and I loved it but Sprint was horrible in every way possible. So now that the Pre Plus is coming to Verizon it is like a match made in heaven! for me at least....

So here is what I would like to do:
1. The person would have to be eligible for upgrade by January 25th or straight out open a new line and purchase a Palm Pre Plus on Verizon under the 2 year contract. (I will re-imburse this cost to you)
2. I will trade you my Droid with 2 charging docks, anti glare screen (1 unused and there is also one currently on the screen), OEM motorola car charger, and on top of all this I will give you an extra $100 for your troubles for the new Palm Pre Plus.

I would prefer someone in the Los Angeles area so we could handle this transaction in person. I am scared about sending this hardware in the mail and never receiving anything back. If you are not in the Los Angeles area and you are interested in this deal then contact me and maybe we can work something out.

This could be a great opportunity for someone that is eligible for an upgrade or just looking to purchase a droid under a new plan that doesn't want to spend the money in buying one. This is a win win situation for both parties.

To be honest with you, it may be better for you to buy a Palm Pre off of craigslist or ebay when it comes out, and than sell your Droid with all the accessories. You already forked money for the Droid and accessories, plus you are going to fork out another 300 bucks (give or take on the price of the Pre). After checking on Ebay alot of used droid are going for right around 400 bucks. Add in you accessories I bet you can pull almost 500 for it. Say the pre is around 550, you only have to chip in 50 bucks as opposed to 300. I hope that helps ya out!

Edit: I would actually buy the accessories off you if you sold those lol.

OP
M

mypantsaretorn

Reaction score
To be honest with you, it may be better for you to buy a Palm Pre off of craigslist or ebay when it comes out, and than sell your Droid with all the accessories. You already forked money for the Droid and accessories, plus you are going to fork out another 300 bucks (give or take on the price of the Pre). After checking on Ebay alot of used droid are going for right around 400 bucks. Add in you accessories I bet you can pull almost 500 for it. Say the pre is around 550, you only have to chip in 50 bucks as opposed to 300. I hope that helps ya out!

Edit: I would actually buy the accessories off you if you sold those lol.

I have thought about that route but I thought I would give this a try as well.

Silver Member
Reaction score
buyer beware: transferring ESNs is not a simple process. it's akin to transferring a title on a car.

OP
M

mypantsaretorn

Reaction score
buyer beware: transferring ESNs is not a simple process. it's akin to transferring a title on a car.
I would have to disagree... everything is automated and can be done by either dialing *228 option 3 on the new phone or going to verizonwireless.com changing the esn there and then dialing *228 option 1...

tktouch12

Reaction score

True. I would BUY off ebay because you can return/ get a refund. But if someone will buy off craigslist you're good.
But I think 640k was warning US, but u should still watch out for that

samiusmc

Reaction score
Why Don't you just sell your Droid and buy your Palm Pre? If you bought your Droid from Verizon, you have until tomorrow to return it for a full refund because the typical 30 return policy was extended to January 13th to accommodate holiday shoppers

OP
M

mypantsaretorn

Reaction score
Why Don't you just sell your Droid and buy your Palm Pre? If you bought your Droid from Verizon, you have until tomorrow to return it for a full refund because the typical 30 return policy was extended to January 13th to accommodate holiday shoppers

I think the holiday return policy didn't begin till around thanksgiving and i bought my droid on nov. 6. But i will definitely be posting it up on ebay/craigslist since this is looking like it wasnt as good of an idea as i thought it would be..

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

OP said he bought the Droid the Day it cam out....11/06/09

Way past his return window.

samiusmc

Reaction score

I think the holiday return policy didn't begin till around thanksgiving and i bought my droid on nov. 6. But i will definitely be posting it up on ebay/craigslist since this is looking like it wasnt as good of an idea as i thought it would be..

It started on November 15th. Damn. I thought I had a solution for you.