Is 3.14.605.5 the latest ICS?

Schimm

Reaction score
Thank you. That's clear. And we don't know what happens to this install when the ota comes, which answers my other question.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
Given how I can't get a definitive and clearly stated step by step on how to install this 'unrooted' ROM I won't be installing it. This thread only adds to the confusion.

Really? I'm the OP and it seems pretty clear to me and I going to do this this weekend if my busy schedule allows. All of my questions have been answered and I am 100% confident I will be able to do this sucesfully because of this thread. Thanks to everyone who offered their skills.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here are the Step by Step Install Instructions for ICS:

1. Go to the market and install Solid Explorer to your Rezound "it's a file utility app".
2.PLug in Rezound to Computer via USB, and choose Use as Disk drive option, not charge only option, now give it a few sec for computer to recognize the drives, now go to my computer and you will see two extra drives, one is the Internal and one is the external SD drive on your Rezound, if you don't know which is which, just right click on it and check out it's properties to see the size of it, it should help you figure out which is the SD card one.
3.Now go to the link I have posted in this thread "post #2" and download the latest ICS leak "pretty much official".
4.After downloading the file, go to the folder where you downloaded it, put your mouse pointer on the file and right click on it, the file will be highlighted in blue and a box will pop up "scroll down to the line that says Rename, it is the second from last", now left click on that, now the box will disapear and the file will be highlighted in blue, take your mouse pointer and place it on top of the file in front of the letter P, now left click and with your backspace button erase all the numbers that are in front of the P, after doing that do the same and erase anything behind the letter G, the file shall look like this PH98IMG , now right click on it and there will be a box that comes up, scroll down to Send to, another box will come up with locations that you want to send file to, scroll down to the location of your external SD card on your Rezound "mine showed up as H, "Rezound needs to be plugged in via USB as a Hard Drive "NOT charge only", after scrolling down to the drive you want the file to be send to left click on the desired file, file should now be installed on your Rezounds SD card.
5.Uplug Rezound from PC, give it at least 30 sec to reformat the SD card, now go to the File utility you installed from the Market, once opened, scroll down to the black SD card image "that is your external SD card" click on it, now scroll all the way down to the last file which should read PH98IMG.zip at 603mb. If that is what you see then you are good to GO BABY, ICS is only half plus hr away.
6. Go and Uncheck Fast boot option, it's in System settings, it is "crucial" you do this, once unckecked go back to home screen and POWER DOWN DEVICE.
7. Open the back of Device and REMOVE the BATTERY for 1 minute.
8.Put back battery and cover "Make sure Cover is tight.
9.Press the Volume button down "volume down" do not let it go and press the Power Button.
10.Put Rezound down "LEAVE IT ALONE" the ICS process is on it's way "it will ask you a couple of times to continue with a certain process,at which time you will press the power button so it can continue", device will Reboot twice, LEAVE IT ALONE, till you see the home screen lock button ring with the stock wallpaper.
11.After ICS is installed, I suggest to Reboot device at least once.
12. ENJOY ICS.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Step 10 is important...this is a 15 to 30 minute process. So you have to be patient.

Schimm

Reaction score
Really? I'm the OP and it seems pretty clear to me and I going to do this this weekend if my busy schedule allows. All of my questions have been answered and I am 100% confident I will be able to do this sucesfully because of this thread. Thanks to everyone who offered their skills.

Its clear to me now and what I originally believed to be the process. I didn't understand the second post at all.

raptor5k

Reaction score
So I think I'll do this on the upcoming weekend as well. I'm rooted and have unlocked via htc unlock tool. I take it I need to re-lock using the tool in order for this to work? do I have to unroot as well?

Schimm

Reaction score
This was for you Schimm, hope it helped out.:icon_ devil:

I have a thick skull cyber. Post 18 was exemplary.:hail:

Now look into your crystal ball and tell me....when OTA gets pushed and I've already installed the leak, will my phone combust spontaneously? Will it simply ignore the OTA. Or.....??????

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I think I'll do this on the upcoming weekend as well. I'm rooted and have unlocked via htc unlock tool. I take it I need to re-lock using the tool in order for this to work? do I have to unroot as well?
Yes you need to Re Lock your Rezound.

raptor5k

Reaction score
And then after updating I will have to unlock again and root? Does the tool work after upgrading to ICS? I appreciate your help, your step by step looks awesome.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
And then after updating I will have to unlock again and root? Does the tool work after upgrading to ICS? I appreciate your help, your step by step looks awesome.
That is something I can not help you with, but I am sure it does, no reason for it not to.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a thick skull cyber. Post 18 was exemplary.:hail:

Now look into your crystal ball and tell me....when OTA gets pushed and I've already installed the leak, will my phone combust spontaneously? Will it simply ignore the OTA. Or.....??????

The answer would be "Or...??????"

Schimm

Reaction score
Thats the part I don't like.... the possibility that your phone gets messed up or otherwise decides not to work anymore.