Is this the best way to go from .10 leak to .12 OTA?

Snoking

Reaction score
4.03.605.2 is not an offical OTA release! To sync up, one would want 3.14.605.12

Last edited:

racingbmwm3

Reaction score
.12 is not an offical OTA release?

sorry, .12 IS the latest OFFICIAL OTA, but it's not the most current version. I figured if marioval is already on a leak, they'd want the most current version which is the Global update I posted the link for.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
Actually I want the most current OTA so I can get future updates via my phones update. So the link I posted is correct?

acejavelin

Reaction score
Actually I want the most current OTA so I can get future updates via my phones update. So the link I posted is correct?
The link is correct, just make sure to verify the MD5 sum of the file before flashing, and flash twice, otherwise there is no easy method to get to the official OTA version.

Be aware, although everyone THINKS you can get OTA updates after flashing this RUU, no updates have officially come out so we have no way to test that theory... All depends on the checks that VZW does, the update script would be able to check to see if you were running from a previous OTA or a leaked RUU and then stop or allow the update to process. Not saying if it will or won't, but it is technically possible and should be quite simple to implement should VZW feel the need to do that.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
Thanks for the info... I flashed it. so far all seems well.