Another Rezound ICS leak.

genebean

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the default flag getting cleared from your chosen launcher? I have used all three of the leaks and this is the first time I have seen this bug. It's rather annoying to have to disable / freeze the Sense launcher to use another one.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
I'm counting the hours until Ics!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Snoking

Reaction score
Remember the time of today to pull it is 11:59PM EST, so if you do not get a scheduled OTA, it will be late in the day before checking for an update will allow you to pull it.

Last edited:

Snoking

Reaction score
Roberta225 said:
I think that's the ota

The document has two columns. PUSH AND PULL. Push does not list a time, just the 5/09 date.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I just took some screen shots of how I have my phone set up in case we do get the OTA and it messes up Go Launcher. I'm at work so I'll be up all night....waiting.

HowardZ

Reaction score
My dropbox is suspended for three days due to excessive traffic.

Apparently one can not let the world download from one's dropbox.

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Reaction score
You could still do that, just make fake e-mails and use them to create "public" dropbox accounts for this purpose. There really is no limit I think...you could have 20 accounts like this. They could not even link them all to you.

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
I'm really getting sick of waiting for the OTA and I'm thinking of doing this but had a few quick questions....

1. I have a mac, has anyone downloaded this to there mac and put it on there phone and have it work ok?

2. If above does not work, could I download this right from my phone and do it that way?

3. if both above do not work, what are my options besides finding someone with a PC?

Also the people that have this, how do you still like it, and did you wipe everything clean before installing this? And how did you wipe the phone clean?

Sorry, just trying to calm myself down before doing this to my phone. I was patiently waiting for the official OTA release, but my patience is running out! LoL

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm really getting sick of waiting for the OTA and I'm thinking of doing this but had a few quick questions....

1. I have a mac, has anyone downloaded this to there mac and put it on there phone and have it work ok?

2. If above does not work, could I download this right from my phone and do it that way?

3. if both above do not work, what are my options besides finding someone with a PC?

Also the people that have this, how do you still like it, and did you wipe everything clean before installing this? And how did you wipe the phone clean?

Sorry, just trying to calm myself down before doing this to my phone. I was patiently waiting for the official OTA release, but my patience is running out! LoL

1) No but it will work.

2) See 1 ;-)

3) Again, see 1.

The RUU process is all done on the phone. You can download it on your phone but I'd be far less trusting of that than downloading on a computer(Mac,Linux,Windows,OS/2, be/OS, whatever) and transferring to your phone.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
If above does not work, could I download this right from my phone and do it that way?
Yes.

All you need to do is rename it as a file with a .zip extension per the instructions and place it in the root of your external SD card. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to do this with a Mac too, but it doesn't really matter how it gets there. There is nothing magical about the file. It is just a zip file.

Also the people that have this, how do you still like it
I don't like it. I LOVE it. It has improved my phone in every way. Everything is faster and smooth and the menus are more intuitive and all the graphics match. Apps launch faster and transition faster, Multi-tasking is faster. Even live wallpapers don't lag the display anymore. It is almost like using an iOS version of Android.

The only downsides are 1) the battery life is slightly worse and 2) It runs slightly hotter. IMO these are both due to the fact that ICS is actually using both cores for your tasks all the time now, which GB was not.

and did you wipe everything clean before installing this? And how did you wipe the phone clean?
I did not wipe my phone on purpose, but the ICS install did wipe internal memory, including internal SD. External SD appears to be unaffected.

Sorry, just trying to calm myself down before doing this to my phone.
Make sure you read up on this thoroughly and clearly understand the potential consequences. IMO, there is little risk, but you should know what COULD go wrong before you even start it.

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
1) No but it will work.

2) See 1 ;-)

3) Again, see 1.

The RUU process is all done on the phone. You can download it on your phone but I'd be far less trusting of that than downloading on a computer(Mac,Linux,Windows,OS/2, be/OS, whatever) and transferring to your phone.

Yes.

All you need to do is rename it as a file with a .zip extension per the instructions and place it in the root of your external SD card. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to do this with a Mac too, but it doesn't really matter how it gets there. There is nothing magical about the file. It is just a zip file.

I don't like it. I LOVE it. It has improved my phone in every way. Everything is faster and smooth and the menus are more intuitive and all the graphics match. Apps launch faster and transition faster, Multi-tasking is faster. Even live wallpapers don't lag the display anymore. It is almost like using an iOS version of Android.

The only downsides are 1) the battery life is slightly worse and 2) It runs slightly hotter. IMO these are both due to the fact that ICS is actually using both cores for your tasks all the time now, which GB was not.

I did not wipe my phone on purpose, but the ICS install did wipe internal memory, including internal SD. External SD appears to be unaffected.

Make sure you read up on this thoroughly and clearly understand the potential consequences. IMO, there is little risk, but you should know what COULD go wrong before you even start it.

This is why I love this website so much....You 2 (and many others always) not only answer my questions, but make sure that what your telling me is dumb proof...seriously this site is awesome and you 2 are part of the reason I always come back. I know if I ask a what I figure is a stupid question, I know i'll get a serious response and the EXACT help I need!! Two thumbs up to both you gentlemen, and the others that are like you!! :)

I'm going to give this a try soon, and i'll report back with my thoughts.

Again,
Thanks in advance!
Mike Blyman