1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is 3.14.605.5 the latest ICS?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by marioval, Jun 26, 2012.

1. marioval

marioval New Member

I am bone stock, no root, no unlock....

Is 3.14.605.5 the latest ICS? Is it really as simple as disabling fastboot and following this:

•After downloading the file, rename it to "PH98IMG.zip" (no quotes)
    •Place the renamed file onto the root of the SD Card
    •Power down your device
    •Reboot into the bootloader by holding VOL DOWN + Power
    •The flashing process should begin automatically
    Let the device reboot, and you're done. Enjoy!

[Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich Build 3.14.605.5, Brings A Handful Of Fixes And New(er) Radios
  2. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

The one you have is a bit older, here is the last leak, and it works like a charm,, after powering down the device, make sure you disable fast boot before powering down, if not it will screw it all up "remove the battery for one minute, reinstall, then VOL Down + Power, let the Flashing process finnish, it will take quite a bit of time, DO NOTHING, once it does the update at process number 3 it will take the longest, phone will reboot twice while updating http://www.talkandroid.com/116546-latest-ics-leak-for-the-htc-rezound-looks-to-be-near-official/ , click on the download link, once file is loaded, go to where the file is, right click on it and remove all the numbers from the front, once you do that right click on it again and send it to the SD card directory on your PC, once you connect your Rezound the PC should show two extra hard drives, one is your internal Rezound Hard drive directory and the other is your SD card directory, once yo send it there, disconnect the phone from PC, now use a file utility like Solid Explorer to check for the Zip.

If you have any questions, just PM me I will run you through it, it is very easy and painless.
  3. marioval

marioval New Member

One more quick question. Am I putting my downloaded file on the internal sd or the external sd?
  4. cybertec69

You will install the file on your external SD, once downloaded the file should look like this RUU_Vigor_3.14.605.10_PH98IMG , go to where you downloaded it, right click on it and scroll down to Rename, once you choose rename it will turn blue "highlighted", now scroll back up to the file and click infront of the PH and erase all the numbers, also erase anything after the MG, the file should look like this PH98IMG, now right lick on it again and go to send file to "make sure your phone is connected as hard drive", another box will open with different directories "choose the EXTERNAL SD card directory. Go to the market and install Solid Explorer. once installed, open it up and go to your external SD card directory "it will show a picture of a black micro SD card so as to make it easy for you to know that it is your external SD card" , the file should be the last one all the way at the bottom of your external SD card directory, it will show up as PH98IMG.zip at 603 MB's
  5. cybertec69

You did download the file from the link I posted, it is the most recent one.
  6. marioval

marioval New Member

Ok. I will be trying this in the next few days. I'm tired of waiting for verizon/HTC/Google or whatever other magic phone goblin needs to get involved.... One more question. Will I be rooted after i do this or will I be on an unrooted ICS?
  7. cybertec69

This is not a Root, its pretty much the official ICS for your Rezound, why wait a few days, you think that they will release the OTA by then, a bit nervous I see about loading the ICS mentioned above, this is an easy install.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums
  8. marioval

marioval New Member

No, i'm doing it in the next few days because I don't really have time until the weekend. Thanks for the assistance.
  9. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

I hope you all already got to this but based on the topic, 3.14.605.10 is the latest RUU and supposedly the OTA candidate.
  10. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

This is not a custom ROM, it's the actual official release version (or was until they decided to test or tweak it more). It will install just like an official release.

You won't be rooted or unlocked and you will have all the normal bloat. The update will not even install if you are rooted or unlocked... I had to re-lock my phone to install it.

As for versions, the one ending in .10 is the most recent and likely the one going OTA. The one I installed is the one ending in 5, and almost the same. If you are going to install a leak I'd recommend that one since it has been out a lot longer and we know for sure it is safe and stable.
  11. Schimm

Schimm New Member

I'm not understanding this. Do you not have to DL this file first and then flash it? I'm reading this as if you have transposed sentences....or maybe it's just not my day today. :blink:

Next question....when the OTA does happen what happens to your flashed phone? Does it try to install the update?
  12. Snoking

Snoking New Member

If you have a working phone why take a chance if we are a week or three from official OTA update?
  13. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

Because a lot of people do not trust that we are really a week or three away, and we have already been waiting for months.

I am really glad I installed the OTA. I have used the crap out of my phone for months now on ICS and loved every minute of it. If I never get the OTA at all, I will be ok with it.
  14. Schimm

Schimm New Member

Given how I can't get a definitive and clearly stated step by step on how to install this 'unrooted' ROM I won't be installing it. This thread only adds to the confusion.
  15. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

16. Schimm

Schimm New Member

Thank you. That's clear. And we don't know what happens to this install when the ota comes, which answers my other question.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.
  17. marioval

marioval New Member

Really? I'm the OP and it seems pretty clear to me and I going to do this this weekend if my busy schedule allows. All of my questions have been answered and I am 100% confident I will be able to do this sucesfully because of this thread. Thanks to everyone who offered their skills.
  18. cybertec69

Here are the Step by Step Install Instructions for ICS:

1. Go to the market and install Solid Explorer to your Rezound "it's a file utility app".
    2.PLug in Rezound to Computer via USB, and choose Use as Disk drive option, not charge only option, now give it a few sec for computer to recognize the drives, now go to my computer and you will see two extra drives, one is the Internal and one is the external SD drive on your Rezound, if you don't know which is which, just right click on it and check out it's properties to see the size of it, it should help you figure out which is the SD card one.
    3.Now go to the link I have posted in this thread "post #2" and download the latest ICS leak "pretty much official".
    4.After downloading the file, go to the folder where you downloaded it, put your mouse pointer on the file and right click on it, the file will be highlighted in blue and a box will pop up "scroll down to the line that says Rename, it is the second from last", now left click on that, now the box will disapear and the file will be highlighted in blue, take your mouse pointer and place it on top of the file in front of the letter P, now left click and with your backspace button erase all the numbers that are in front of the P, after doing that do the same and erase anything behind the letter G, the file shall look like this PH98IMG , now right click on it and there will be a box that comes up, scroll down to Send to, another box will come up with locations that you want to send file to, scroll down to the location of your external SD card on your Rezound "mine showed up as H, "Rezound needs to be plugged in via USB as a Hard Drive "NOT charge only", after scrolling down to the drive you want the file to be send to left click on the desired file, file should now be installed on your Rezounds SD card.
    5.Uplug Rezound from PC, give it at least 30 sec to reformat the SD card, now go to the File utility you installed from the Market, once opened, scroll down to the black SD card image "that is your external SD card" click on it, now scroll all the way down to the last file which should read PH98IMG.zip at 603mb. If that is what you see then you are good to GO BABY, ICS is only half plus hr away.
    6. Go and Uncheck Fast boot option, it's in System settings, it is "crucial" you do this, once unckecked go back to home screen and POWER DOWN DEVICE.
    7. Open the back of Device and REMOVE the BATTERY for 1 minute.
    8.Put back battery and cover "Make sure Cover is tight.
    9.Press the Volume button down "volume down" do not let it go and press the Power Button.
    10.Put Rezound down "LEAVE IT ALONE" the ICS process is on it's way "it will ask you a couple of times to continue with a certain process,at which time you will press the power button so it can continue", device will Reboot twice, LEAVE IT ALONE, till you see the home screen lock button ring with the stock wallpaper.
    11.After ICS is installed, I suggest to Reboot device at least once.
    12. ENJOY ICS.
    1 person likes this.
  19. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

Step 10 is important...this is a 15 to 30 minute process. So you have to be patient.
  20. Schimm

Schimm New Member

Its clear to me now and what I originally believed to be the process. I didn't understand the second post at all.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.
Search tags for this page

/rezound/3.14.605.5/ph98img.zip