New Rezound ICS Build Leaked With Updated Radio

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
So I am planning to go ahead and try this update before i decide to root my phone. (my wife doesn't want me to root because this will be her phone by the end of the year when the next gen phones arrive) I cant stand the waiting game any longer, and i understand this doesn't void any warranty because you aren't unlocking or rooting anything. Correct? From what I understand the only downside to this update is that it will reset the phone, erasing some app data. It wont affect anything stored on the memory card (pictures) correct? And all apps are working? PDANET? Will the OTA update still arrive on the phone when it finally rolls out?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
It wont affect anything stored on the memory card (pictures) correct? Yes, the external SD
And all apps are working? PDANET? As far as I know
Will the OTA update still arrive on the phone when it finally rolls out? Nobody knows yet

The one thing I hope you're aware of is that there is no going back . Once you RUU, since it's new firmware, you're stuck until the OTA hits. Hopefully it's a higher build number and everyone can move forward on to it with no problem. However if that's not the case then you'll have to jump through hoops to get on an official release again.

Just making sure you're fully warned.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I see. Worst case scenario however is if it doesn't come easy via the OTA, or there are problems, I can always just root and Rom like you and others have been doing since the beginning. Correct? My wife wont be happy, but ehh.
I mean, I wont be stuck, I just cant go back to Stock Gingerbread. Right? Which would also be the case if I rooted and ICS ROM'ed?

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Also, why would it need to be a higher number. Wouldn't you just be able to flash an older Gingerbread RUU?

Never-mind, if i understand correctly it notices the higher RUU and asks to upgrade. It would never ask to downgrade if it saw an older file. Otherwise there would be permanent conflict.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I see. Worst case scenario however is if it doesn't come easy via the OTA, or there are problems, I can always just root and Rom like you and others have been doing since the beginning. Correct? My wife wont be happy, but ehh.
I mean, I wont be stuck, I just cant go back to Stock Gingerbread. Right? Which would also be the case if I rooted and ICS ROM'ed?

That's correct. You can ROM your way around.

Also, why would it need to be a higher number. Wouldn't you just be able to flash an older Gingerbread RUU?

Never-mind, if i understand correctly it notices the higher RUU and asks to upgrade. It would never ask to downgrade if it saw an older file. Otherwise there would be permanent conflict.

You got it. As my favorite Disney movie said, Let go of the previous version and just keep moving forward....or something like that.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Going to give it a try this weekend. thanks.

Is that Lion King - Timon - leave your behind in the past?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Going to give it a try this weekend. thanks.

Is that Lion King - Timon - leave your behind in the past?

Meet the Robinsons "Let go of the past, and just keep moving forward" My kids love that flick so I've seen it a million times.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
If I downloaded it and it is only 610 MB instead of the 639 rapid share claims, should i download it again before trying it. Is my download incomplete? It took so long to download.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
So i tired it last night, and it didn't take. I downloaded it twice, so 610 must be the right size. I placed it on the SD card(i assume root of card just means not in a folder) renamed it PH98IMG.zip. restarted into bootloader mode, and it says no image. it says things a few times, but it doesn't work regardless. Ive tried it a half dozen times.
Where did I go wrong? Help?

tc1

Reaction score
So does it look like the nexus ui?

I know that nexus is pure android and HTC has their skin.

But from what I've heard about ics and the resound is that visually there is no change?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
nah, i am still on android version 2.3.4 and sense 3.5.

when i load the bootloader it looks to load maybe six different things, and one of them is the named zip folder, but each results in no image. it never asks about upgrading or anything like that. so i just reboot.
the zip is on the sd card, not in any folder, and named correctly(no spaces or anything)

DROID11

Reaction score
I do like this a lot except one problem: the icons on the dock are automatically what's on the lock screen and it cannot be changed. I downloaded apex launcher and use it occasionally since the lock screen shortcuts are one of the best part about sense, might as well use a different launcher. I do like the way the phone runs though. Why hasn't this officially launched??

flamewalker

Reaction score
nah, i am still on android version 2.3.4 and sense 3.5.

when i load the bootloader it looks to load maybe six different things, and one of them is the named zip folder, but each results in no image. it never asks about upgrading or anything like that. so i just reboot.
the zip is on the sd card, not in any folder, and named correctly(no spaces or anything)
Make sure that it isn't named .zip.zip. Windows will do that to you if you don't have extensions enabled (they are disabled by default).

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
hidden .zip

Well I'll be. I was sure that i checked that because i had seen that problem before. but windows actually hides the extra .zip Looks like it is working. ICS and enjoying every minute. (And apparently PDANet has works as well because that's how i am connected on the laptop.) Thanks for everyone's help.

DROID11

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked, but I know screenshot is now built in, I accidentally did one when drunk, but not sure how I did it. so how do you take a screenshot?