Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you kidding? I am Going to store and laughing at people buying it

• I Could Care less

• Total voters

wingdo

Reaction score
I will be buying either a new Droid or an iPhone early next year. I'd like to stick with the Droid as I prefer the experience, but Gingerbread will have to bring three things to the table from a corporate perspective (and general user items) in order for me to buy another one.

1) Spell checking ...... for goodness sake, we're on 2.2.1 and there is still no built in spell checking. iPhone has it.

2) Realizing that Cisco is the #1 vendor of VPN equipment and finally adding Cisco support to the built in VPN. Yes, iPhone has this too.

3) NTLM authentication. The inability of the Droid's browser to work with business Intranets and sites which use Windows authentication is totally unacceptable heading in to 2011. Yes, even Apple recognizes that businesses require NTLM authentication and has provided it with the iPhone.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Droid, but heading into Android 3.0 these items have to be addressed if Google wants to be taken seriously in the business world.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I think Verizon will get the a version of the iPhone next year. It will not have the same name but it will be an apple OS phone. Will it hurt Android sales, yes. But true Android users will stick with Google and those that need to always have the latest and greatest will jump on the Apple version phone. It will also be somewhat flawed like a Droid phone, but Verizon will be the real winner in this situation.

I will stick with my Droid phone, unless the Verizon Apple phone is light years ahead of the newest Droid phone at the time.

beargold23

Reaction score
I would only try out the Iphone if they changed or added some new form factors, ie physical keyboard!!! :icon_ banana: but i dont think that will happen anytime soon

funkylovemonkey

Reaction score
If this is true, and I have my doubts, I don't think it will be a huge coup against droid. First of all, it will mean that AT&T will have incentive to expand it's selection of android phones. Now it has a monetary reason to downplay droid because so many people are on their network just so they can have an iphone. If they admit that android phones are as good, then they risk losing people who are only on their network for the iphone. If the iPhone leaves, AT&T loses that incentive and I can guarantee you'll see an expansion of droid phones on AT&T along with AT&T pushing Droid phones. In addition, you'll see price wars with droid phones in a better position to offer discounts while iphones on Verizon will encounter shortages and delays (as they already do even being limited to AT&T).

More then that, nothing has been confirmed. And every article so far talking about the iphone migrating has been filled with here-say and speculation. What little evidence there is, the contract between Apple and AT&T goes through 2012. Of course there are ways for that contract to end, and I'm sure Apple is nervous that their market is limited by the carrier. But it doesn't mean the end of the world for Android.

Phydeaux

Reaction score
You guys seem awfully US-centric about this. The iPhone is not locked to one carrier outside of the US, and last I checked, Android was doing just fine in Europe, if not -great-. No?

aldrichg9

Reaction score
I could care less and will not purchase an iPhone because I still like my D1.

I do however think that competition is a good thing. Maybe Google will feel the need to step up their game particularly with the items that wingdo mentioned so that Android can become a better competitor in the corporate world.

Nopetize

Reaction score
I read the ticker across the bottom of the screen while watching Fox News...it said that Apple is beggining to mass produce the iPhone for Verizon that will be available in early 2011. They said it would be comparable to the iPhone 4 . No date, but kinda left us thinking quarter 1. I think this could really upset AT&T in sales and customers. This will put Verizon dominating the wireless industry. It leaves me wondering what AT&T will have to work up.....there will be an upped game. I believe these Droids & iPhones will be comparable to the big bulky cell phones of the 80's in the next few years.....
:motdroidvert::motdroidvert:dancedroiddancedroid:motdroidvert::motdroidvert:dancedroiddancedroid:motdroidhoriz::motdroidhoriz:dancedroiddancedroid

Big Ry

Reaction score
I read the ticker across the bottom of the screen while watching Fox News...it said that Apple is beggining to mass produce the iPhone for Verizon that will be available in early 2011. They said it would be comparable to the iPhone 4 . No date, but kinda left us thinking quarter 1. I think this could really upset AT&T in sales and customers. This will put Verizon dominating the wireless industry. It leaves me wondering what AT&T will have to work up.....there will be an upped game. I believe these Droids & iPhones will be comparable to the big bulky cell phones of the 80's in the next few years.....
:motdroidvert::motdroidvert:dancedroiddancedroid:motdroidvert::motdroidvert:dancedroiddancedroid:motdroidhoriz::motdroidhoriz:dancedroiddancedroid
AT&T will begin investing in Android ;)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ yea I can see that. More, probably better Android phones coming to them. But they seem to be heavily invested in Win Phone 7. I just saw the lil press conference.

dwagner88

Reaction score
I love my Droid, but I finally played with an iPhone 4 for the first time the other day, and it too is a very solid device. Certainly one that I wouldn't mind owning, especially considering that I already use iTunes for all my music. Really the only thing I don't like about iOS that can't be fixed by jailbreaking is the notification system. I hate popups. If they can implement a notification system like android or WebOS, I'm sold.

StupidGenius

Reaction score

I think AT&T may try to push WP7 the way Verizon pushed Android/Droid. They just won't get the flood of subs that Verizon did.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey, its starting to add up:

AT&T seems to be invested in WP7

I didnt see Verizon up there on the board at the live stream press conference. I saw the other 3 carriers tho....

Mule65

Reaction score
I could care less and will not purchase an iPhone because I still like my D1.

I do however think that competition is a good thing. Maybe Google will feel the need to step up their game particularly with the items that wingdo mentioned so that Android can become a better competitor in the corporate world.

The expressions should be, "I couldn't care less". :icon_rolleyes: