Introducing oldguy

oldguy

Reaction score
I joined because I have a Motorola Droid that worked very well (except for the headphone jack) until Verizon :icon_evil: dropped 2.2 on it. :icon_ owned: Now it is sluggish, reports low storage availability, and freezes a lot. I have uninstalled a lot of apps but it is still sluggish. Normally I don't hack my equipment but I am ready to do just about anything to improve this phone's performance. :mad:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

If it is bad enough you can take it in and get it replaced under warranty...even the faulty headphone jack is grounds enough, they might even slip you a Droid 2

OP
oldguy

oldguy

Reaction score
thank you!

I believe I will give that a try before I start hacking.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Get rid of any task killers or antivirus software you have. If that doesn't improve it sure as I'm sitting here you've got an app causing you problems. Do a factory data reset.

If that gets it working then fine, but it's not going to fix the headset issue. Either way something is making your Droid act up, I'd still do the factory data reset just to see if that doesn't fix it. Or exercise your warranty option.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I almost forgot, as Hook said...task killers really don't do anything on 2.2 except cause lag and performance drops, start with uninstalliing those