I'm not new but have never introduced myself

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by fetchman, Sep 16, 2011.

1. fetchman

fetchman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never quite understood why I should introduce myself, so I didn't. Now I have a question that seems to belong here. I have learned so much from this forum. Joined shortly after I got a D1 when it first came out. After several months of reading on this forum, I took the leap to rooting and ROMing. Lost track a long time ago on how many different ROMs I have tried, some of which I liked, some that I didn't understand and a few that flat out didn't work. Thanks to a lot of reading here, I never had any problems that I couldn't get out of. Settled finally on Sapphire which I used for a long time and it treated me well. Then an update came along and I started having all kinds of trouble. Development of Sapphire was starting to wind down so I started going backwards towards a stock rooted ROM. Nothing I did seemed to make much difference in fixing the various minor irritations that I was having like contact specific ringtones not working, callers couldn't hear me when I answered a call and only a reboot would fix it. So I didn't know if it was remnants of the ROMs or the phone itself going out that was causing the problems. Then I became illegible for an upgrade, and thanks again to all of the helpful information on this forum, made the decision to upgrade to the D3. I couldn't be happier. I have rooted it only to have the capibilites of Titanium Backup and have no intention of going any further as ROMs become available for the D3. I like it just the way it is.

So now you know where I am and how I got herel. Now my question. Every 2 or 3 days I get a notification that there is an upgrade available for the DroidForums App. When I go to the market I find that I have the current version. There is no option to install update - only Open or Uninstall. What's going on and how do I stop this from happening? I have tried uninstalling the App and the same thing continues to happen.

Thanks for reading this far. I look forward to finding an answer from someone.

2. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +160
    welcome to the community. You've traveled a long road but arrived at a good destination. As to your question you can always go to the market and follow this path (market>settings>notify me>disable). The pic below shows the settings screen in the market. Hope this can help.

View attachment 40421

Sent from my Liberated D2

3. fetchman

fetchman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. However, my version of the market doesn't have that option. If I understand correctly what that option would do, if I had it, not sure that I would want to take it anyway. I like the update available notifications. Just tired of getting the one for the DroidForums app when it's already current.

4. 252chevyboyz

Ratings:
    +160
    At the top of the "my apps" page is there an update all option?

5. fetchman

fetchman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No. At the top is updates followed by the Droidforums app then the list of installed apps

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

6. 252chevyboyz

Ratings:
    +160
    Well if there is no option to update even after re-installing the app that's weird maybe a battery pull haha?

7. CJM

CJM Super Moderator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,862
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Corey
    :welcome: to the forum. As for your problem, have you tried going to settings/applications/manage applications then select market then clear cache?

8. fetchman

fetchman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't recall if I have tried that or not. Probably have since that is usually one of the first things I do when wierdness shows up in an app. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the reminder.

9. fetchman

fetchman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well the. Cache clear and a restart did nothing to change things. Guess i'll just get used to it being there.