Incredible rollout still on track for beginning this weekend

Havoc70

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to JK, you had some great information, more accurate than anyone else. I know you said it would start over the weekend and you were right, i was just hoping it was the mass rollout, but oh well, at least we know its coming.
I dont even care about Froyo, although it will be nice, i want the audio fix, the intermittent audio on a call is a pita!

So anyway thanks again, and heres to hoping everything goes well so that we all will see it by the 18th.

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Y'all are welcome. I hope it keeps coming through and does start like it is supposed to on the 18th for the full roll. Looking forward to seeing the speed difference and tinkering some more. Definitely looks like a pretty good upgrade.

As soon as new word trickles down the line, I'll definitely pass on what I know (or at least am told). ;-)

yellar

Reaction score
This is good news for me as I will be receiving my Incredible on Wednesday. I can't wait to get it now! Does anyone know if they have already got the OTA rooted? I would like to be able to use wifi tether if its still possible.

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Don't believe it's rooted yet, but should be in short order. It will have wifi hotspot if you want to pay for it. Actually, the radio upgrade, if you did that manually, added that. The free wifi tether will definitely require rooting again.

dantheman

Reaction score
This is good news for me as I will be receiving my Incredible on Wednesday. I can't wait to get it now! Does anyone know if they have already got the OTA rooted? I would like to be able to use wifi tether if its still possible.

No, the true OTA has not been rooted. In fact, the UnEVOked team has stated that they do not know when it will be. This is due to the fact that HTC/VZW will have probably removed the loophole that they are currently relying on to establish root.

This isn't to say that they won't figure it out, but it may take a while.

If root is critical to you, you might want to hold off on accepting the OTA Update.

schoon

Reaction score
Guess the weekend came and went and no update :-( ... now I am reading that 8/18 is when we will get the updates. What does your source say about that date?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Hearing the same thing. There was at least one small test batch sent out to make sure it would go smoothly and then should transition to a full rollout Wednesday. They've done this in the past, hopefully that's the case again. One person on here claimed they received the update but haven't gotten verification on that yet. Hopefully they will make it back.

Lost My Mind

Reaction score
What if your already rooted via unrevoked 3.1 and you OTA update from 2.1 to 2.2? Do you lose root? Is root permanent?

.........and why does google even care???

beaubeau

Reaction score
What if your already rooted via unrevoked 3.1 and you OTA update from 2.1 to 2.2?

I've been wondering along these lines, sorta kinda....

I rooted my 2.1 just to get the 'Wireless Tethering' free app. I love it, works great.

What I'm wondering is whether or not the OTA 2.2 will actually happen (and/or work) on my rooted phone.

Do y'all know?

Crypt92

Reaction score
seems that some sources say that the incredible is returning 2 stock this week, does any1 know if it's true? Because if it is true it says furthermore that there should be an OTA update this week.

Docinbird

Reaction score
seems that some sources say that the incredible is returning 2 stock this week, does any1 know if it's true? Because if it is true it says furthermore that there should be an OTA update this week.

I dropped by my local Verizon store this morning at about 11 because I had a coupon for an extra $50 off. I purchased my Incredible and left the store at about noon. At 2:30pm, I got the email telling me that it had shipped via FedEx with the tracking number. That was pretty quick! dancedroid

So, it looks like the backlog is just about over.

On edit: It just arrived - 23 hours and 15 minutes after purchase.

Last edited: