Incredible rollout still on track for beginning this weekend

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
In all honesty, I would be very surprised if our rollout took as long as theirs. I'm not sure of numbers, but have to believe there are more Motorola Droids in the wild than there are Incredibles.

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
iness

You are right, I went back and looked and it was for the Droid. But I still have my wecome mat out.

:welcome: 2.2

inessi

Reaction score
yea figured so, wish this 2.2 would have a desense option not really my cup of tea to say the least.

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I personally wouldn't turn Sense off on mine, but I do understand the desire to be able to do so. I believe that HTC is holding it as a requirement to basically be a trademark for their phones. I can't completely fault them on that.

Tricky

Reaction score
I'm not doubting your information, but with the Droid roll-out there was tons of information right before the roll-out happened. There was a support site for VZW stores about the update, there was massive information about it everywhere so there was no doubt from anyone about a roll-out. Are we DINC owners the ninjas of the Droid world? Where all information is hush-hush and 2nd, 3rd, 100th hand? I understand our install base is not of that of the Droid but the differences in how we get information is baffling.

Crypt92

Reaction score
Froyo Update Rumored August 18

Ok Guys, Many owners who don't have leaked Froyo are wondering when will they get it on their phones. This is just a rumor but it possibly will come out for the Droid Incredible on August 18. And when it comes to rumors for Froyo, they aren't exactly the most accurate. I guess 4 high hopes who don't have it yet.

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Small test groups are supposed to start getting the test rollouts after midnight tonight. Then will move to full rollout on the 18th. Not sure how many are included in the small test groups.

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm not doubting your information, but with the Droid roll-out there was tons of information right before the roll-out happened. There was a support site for VZW stores about the update, there was massive information about it everywhere so there was no doubt from anyone about a roll-out. Are we DINC owners the ninjas of the Droid world? Where all information is hush-hush and 2nd, 3rd, 100th hand? I understand our install base is not of that of the Droid but the differences in how we get information is baffling.

There was for the initial Droid OTA rollout. I believe this one started back up very much under the radar without much fanfare till it really started to hit people.

jbh00jh

Reaction score
Looks like the insider is clueless like Michael Weston's over at android forums.
Not a good summer for "the insiders" , seems like they are all clueless. lol

Shankster

Reaction score
Exactly....Where's the beef....I mean yogurt. If it was happening people would be filling up the forums with posts.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The rollout has begun per VZW this morning. this will be a slow roll out like always. Expect x amounmt of users to get it then more on Sunday and so on. I expect a limited amount of devices to get it this weekend and certainly the users represent a small amount of users. VZW did not say how or why or where. When you see the system update . Turn off the device and pull the files from your card. We will host it at that point.

Shankster

Reaction score
Thank you for that information ! Sounds like it has started.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
another note I forgot about. this will be the only push too. Unlike the Droid I am told the DI will NOT need a second update. WOOHOO