Incredible rollout still on track for beginning this weekend

Signum

Reaction score
2.2 for the incredible should be rolling out starting the 18th. and yes, we should be getting the incredibles in stock late this week and into next week.

rsarno

Reaction score
2.2 for the incredible should be rolling out starting the 18th. and yes, we should be getting the incredibles in stock late this week and into next week.

cool if it happens. Happen to have any link or proof?

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I don't think any of us have proof at this point. There are a load of articles out there now but they all seemed to be coming from a single source. Honestly I believe we are simply at a point that we won't know anything until the OTA's actually start showing up on peoples phones.

Crypt92

Reaction score

Yes, i've heard that from my own sources early as 5 days ago but i still take it as rumors. Verizon are really strict w/ updates that even during a short period of 5 days they still would push it back if they find a minor flaw. No guarantees. I think the stock thing shows that Froyo will come soon and that's all.

jbh00jh

Reaction score

If a major software update for the Incredible is coming out tomorrow why is there no mention of it on the vzw website under wireless support/incredible/software/ one day before release. Vzw always puts these releases on the site?

Grettski

Reaction score
This has been quite a lucky week for me. First my wife and I get a free upgrade to the Dinc and we should have them in the morning, and now 2.2 is coming out right behind it! I am NEVER this lucky. Kinda wondering if something really bad is on the horizon...lol. I heard yesterday that this update wont wipe the phone. Any news on that? Thanks...

marcw

Reaction score

Yes, i've heard that from my own sources early as 5 days ago but i still take it as rumors. Verizon are really strict w/ updates that even during a short period of 5 days they still would push it back if they find a minor flaw. No guarantees. I think the stock thing shows that Froyo will come soon and that's all.

if this is true, then it might be pushed, the evo has a calendar issue with their 2.2 release. VZN, might want to fix the issue in the dinc 2.2 prior the its release.

Lost My Mind

Reaction score
This has been quite a lucky week for me. First my wife and I get a free upgrade to the Dinc and we should have them in the morning, and now 2.2 is coming out right behind it! I am NEVER this lucky. Kinda wondering if something really bad is on the horizon...lol. I heard yesterday that this update wont wipe the phone. Any news on that? Thanks...

Well, Your pet goldfish is going to die, your going to win the lottory only to have a prior owed tax from when you were 16 catch up with you. The back-owed interest and late fee's will double the amount you've won in the lottory. This puts you in a position of being in the hole 350 million dollars........and a dead goldfish. Oh, plus the lottory winnings you earned are also being taxed. Soo.....yeah. Its all about to go sour for you!

................of coarse i'm joking! LIFE IS GOOD WITH THE DROID INCREDIBLE!!!! Only gonna get better. I'd still keep an eye on your goldfish though.....just in case! :blink: :wink:

Reaction score
C

Well, Your pet goldfish is going to die, your going to win the lottory only to have a prior owed tax from when you were 16 catch up with you. The back-owed interest and late fee's will double the amount you've won in the lottory. This puts you in a position of being in the hole 350 million dollars........and a dead goldfish. Oh, plus the lottory winnings you earned are also being taxed. Soo.....yeah. Its all about to go sour for you!

................of coarse i'm joking! LIFE IS GOOD WITH THE DROID INCREDIBLE!!!! Only gonna get better. I'd still keep an eye on your goldfish though.....just in case! :blink: :wink:

Lmao holy **** that was funny...you got some imagination man..lol

philaPete

Reaction score
and... nothing..

Okay, so it's 8:18am on the East Coast, and there are no reports anywhere of anyone actually getting the OTA today. No official word from Verizon. Nothing.

SO allow me to rant about this rumor.
Mashable. What exactly are their credentials? Seriously, it seems that ALL the other sites "reporting" the 18th were merely quoting from this one article. The same folks who keep reporting that a Verizon iPhone is coming any second now. I think their credibility is zilch on these leaks. I'd rather a tweet from a vzw rep than some lame website that nobody has ever heard of.
:icon_evil:

jbh00jh

Reaction score
Okay, so it's 8:18am on the East Coast, and there are no reports anywhere of anyone actually getting the OTA today. No official word from Verizon. Nothing.

SO allow me to rant about this rumor.
Mashable. What exactly are their credentials? Seriously, it seems that ALL the other sites "reporting" the 18th were merely quoting from this one article. The same folks who keep reporting that a Verizon iPhone is coming any second now. I think their credibility is zilch on these leaks. I'd rather a tweet from a vzw rep than some lame website that nobody has ever heard of.
:icon_evil:
No reason to get upset , VZW never said there would be a 2.2 update today.
It has been a rumor from the start.

philaPete

Reaction score
I know. My problem is how so many other sources ran with it as gospel, thus giving it more buzz than it deserved.
Perhaps I should remove the angry emoticon, but my rant still stands.