Incredible rollout still on track for beginning this weekend

Crypt92

Reaction score
I know. My problem is how so many other sources ran with it as gospel, thus giving it more buzz than it deserved.
Perhaps I should remove the angry emoticon, but my rant still stands.

I see this happen all the time w/ several tech news sites that are based on similarities. If one site has news that guarantees much interest within the time other sites will report it. You can't deny that ppl would be interested if the Droid Incredible would get rumored Froyo on a specific time so of course it would get much buzz.

jbh00jh

Reaction score
I know. My problem is how so many other sources ran with it as gospel, thus giving it more buzz than it deserved.
Perhaps I should remove the angry emoticon, but my rant still stands.
People start rumors all the time , it increases hits on there websites. A lot of guys never heard of some of these sites before froyo on Aug. 13/18th started.
The more hits on a website the more chances to sell advertising.

philaPete

Reaction score
People start rumors all the time , it increases hits on there websites. A lot of guys never heard of some of these sites before froyo on Aug. 13/18th started.

yep...
Well, I am really happy with my Incredible as-is. And I'm hoping that the delays are to really get any bugs out.
I think part of the frustration is that there have been these leaks around for weeks now, and now even the source has been released. But as a programmer, I can appreciate how long it takes to really, really QA new stuff.

jbh00jh

Reaction score

yep...
Well, I am really happy with my Incredible as-is. And I'm hoping that the delays are to really get any bugs out.
I think part of the frustration is that there have been these leaks around for weeks now, and now even the source has been released. But as a programmer, I can appreciate how long it takes to really, really QA new stuff.

That's right. VZW has to add their bloatware , etc. and then everything has to be re-done to their specs and tested again and again. That's their system , always has been. I agree with you , my phone is fine now, the best one I ever owned, so I can wait till vzw pushes out 2.2 and then look forward to Gingerbread rumors driving everyone crazy. LOL :)

Tricky

Reaction score
If it doesn't happen today I'm giving up and rooting. So tired of watching my buddy do things on his d1 that I can't

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Crypt92

Reaction score
hahahaha you should say that santa wants a new droid phone for christmas. He loves google maps.

Reaction score
hahahaha you should say that santa wants a new droid phone for christmas. He loves google maps.

Santa uses Google Maps to get to all the little boys and girls' houses. he has an app for the naughty and nice list. :)
He also has the Dinc so half way through his flight his phone dies, luckily he has his slay-charger handy..lol

fifthcircle

Reaction score

Santa uses Google Maps to get to all the little boys and girls' houses. he has an app for the naughty and nice list. :)
He also has the Dinc so half way through his flight his phone dies, luckily he has his slay-charger handy..lol

By slay-charger, you mean sleigh-charger.

AND by charger, you mean Rudolph's nose.
:laugh:

Reaction score

By slay-charger, you mean sleigh-charger.

AND by charger, you mean Rudolph's nose.
:laugh:

Hahahaha Hey man never said i could spell lol

Y'all ain't right. :rofl3:

Life aint fun when your normal ;) lol

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Sorry guys..

Droid Incredible Froyo update not coming today, Verizon says on Twitter

Posted on Wednesday, Aug 18, 2010

Look, we've told you guys about rumors before. Especially unsourced rumors. They're a dime a dozen. And Mashable's rumor that the Droid Incredible would get Android 2.2 today is just another one of those bad rumors. We want Froyo on the DInc just as badly as you do (and probably almost as badly as Verizon at this point). It'll come when it comes. In the meantime, you can direct your anger toward the forums. [Twitter]

Droid Incredible Froyo update not coming today, Verizon says on Twitter | Android Central