Incredible rollout still on track for beginning this weekend

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by jkhonea, Aug 12, 2010.

1. beaubeau

beaubeau New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been wondering along these lines, sorta kinda....

I rooted my 2.1 just to get the 'Wireless Tethering' free app. I love it, works great.

What I'm wondering is whether or not the OTA 2.2 will actually happen (and/or work) on my rooted phone.

Do y'all know?

2. Crypt92

Crypt92 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    seems that some sources say that the incredible is returning 2 stock this week, does any1 know if it's true? Because if it is true it says furthermore that there should be an OTA update this week.

3. Docinbird

Docinbird New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dropped by my local Verizon store this morning at about 11 because I had a coupon for an extra $50 off. I purchased my Incredible and left the store at about noon. At 2:30pm, I got the email telling me that it had shipped via FedEx with the tracking number. That was pretty quick! dancedroid

So, it looks like the backlog is just about over.

On edit: It just arrived - 23 hours and 15 minutes after purchase.

#75 Docinbird, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  4. Signum

Signum Member

Ratings:
    +17
    2.2 for the incredible should be rolling out starting the 18th. and yes, we should be getting the incredibles in stock late this week and into next week.

5. rsarno

rsarno Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cool if it happens. Happen to have any link or proof?

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    I don't think any of us have proof at this point. There are a load of articles out there now but they all seemed to be coming from a single source. Honestly I believe we are simply at a point that we won't know anything until the OTA's actually start showing up on peoples phones.

7. Crypt92

Crypt92 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, i've heard that from my own sources early as 5 days ago but i still take it as rumors. Verizon are really strict w/ updates that even during a short period of 5 days they still would push it back if they find a minor flaw. No guarantees. I think the stock thing shows that Froyo will come soon and that's all.

8. jbh00jh

jbh00jh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If a major software update for the Incredible is coming out tomorrow why is there no mention of it on the vzw website under wireless support/incredible/software/ one day before release. Vzw always puts these releases on the site?

9. Grettski

Grettski Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This has been quite a lucky week for me. First my wife and I get a free upgrade to the Dinc and we should have them in the morning, and now 2.2 is coming out right behind it! I am NEVER this lucky. Kinda wondering if something really bad is on the horizon...lol. I heard yesterday that this update wont wipe the phone. Any news on that? Thanks...

10. marcw

marcw New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if this is true, then it might be pushed, the evo has a calendar issue with their 2.2 release. VZN, might want to fix the issue in the dinc 2.2 prior the its release.

11. Lost My Mind

Lost My Mind New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, Your pet goldfish is going to die, your going to win the lottory only to have a prior owed tax from when you were 16 catch up with you. The back-owed interest and late fee's will double the amount you've won in the lottory. This puts you in a position of being in the hole 350 million dollars........and a dead goldfish. Oh, plus the lottory winnings you earned are also being taxed. Soo.....yeah. Its all about to go sour for you!

................of coarse i'm joking! LIFE IS GOOD WITH THE DROID INCREDIBLE!!!! Only gonna get better. I'd still keep an eye on your goldfish though.....just in case! :blink: :wink:

12. IncredibleMonsta

Ratings:
    +0
    C
    Lmao holy **** that was funny...you got some imagination man..lol