-II- You Know You're a CrackFlasher When.. - II-

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1492y5t.jpg

Hey what's up guys? Thought I'd make another thread that's a little bit more fun. To make things clear, this sadly is not an original idea of mine. I got this idea from 2defmouze over on Droidhive. However, this made me laugh and the content is so true, I thought I'd share it with the people over here as well!

- You stay up late JUSTINCASE that new build that may or may not be coming tonight gets released
- You've skipped work, class, meals, partying, birthdays, going to the bathroom, etc etc etc.. to stay in your room and flash more!
- You aren't ashamed to know what these mean: AOSP, AOKP, ADB, SDK, OP, RTOP(!), piece of crap backup app.....
- Your real-life friends don't understand what the "big deal" is... and you don't understand why they aren't into this stuff!
- You ditched your "new" phone after a couple months and dropped a couple hundred bucks on a newer one because it had an unlockable bootloader
- You went into a prolonged, inconsolable period of mourning when your favorite dev left the scene
- You needed a change of pants when you found out he was coming back..
- [Trust story for this member] Your 3 year old son is in the bathroom and yells, "I need to wipe!" and you respond, "Son, you don't even own a phone yet!".

And here's one that's REALLY true for me. All the above are too to honest, but I love this one.

- You try to convince your girlfriend, family, and friends to root and rom their phones when you know they won't because they're scared out of their minds.

If you have any others, be sure to share em! :)

Last edited:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
You check your favorite developer's website every five minutes even though you know there won't be an update for another week.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This one happened to me two days ago in order to root my Droid 3.

You know you're a crackhead when, you plan out your off periods at school to go home, root, flash a rom(in my case ICS), and make it back in time for your next time. But ending up missing school and calling in cause something went wrong. :p

captdroid

Reaction score
You run stock rooted ROM and ... wait... wrong thread... lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

kookk

Reaction score
When you see someone turn on their android phone, you watch over their shoulder to see if they have a custom boot animation (they never do sadly)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You totally love the ROM you're running right now and wouldn't trade it for the world, and then tonight you're flashing another one...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When your wife has to literally cry to keep you from rooting her tab..LOL (happened last night)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Haha! That is great.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
When your mom's stock Amazon Kindle Fire sucks so much you ask if you could borrow it for a few days so that you could "fix some anomolous system malfunctions" you discovered. :icon_ devil:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
When your mom's stock Amazon Kindle Fire sucks so much you ask if you could borrow it for a few days so that you could "fix some anomolous system malfunctions" you discovered. :icon_ devil:

He >> :icon_ devil: was the right choice on this one! LOL!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know you're a crack flasher when...

You no longer bother backing up your apps in Titanium Backup because it slows you down from flashing your next ROM or because its too tedious now lol

^^True Story lol I never use TiBackup anymore lol

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you see someone turn on their android phone, you watch over their shoulder to see if they have a custom boot animation (they never do sadly)

Simply brilliant! I do that all the time! I remember clearly on my D1 I saw someone with a D1 also. I was peering over their shoulder and they were still on stock froyo. <_<

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited: