[Rumor] Sprint Likely to Be One of the Carriers to Sell the Samsung Galaxy Note II

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-Note-ii-presser.jpeg

This isn't a Verizon story, but we still thought you guys might be interested. According to some leaked Sprint RDF/device profile data, and a little bit of crafty deductive reasoning from the person who found it, we may have confirmation that Sprint will be one of the carriers to offer the Samsung Galaxy Note II. Here's the skinny. An XDA forum member supposedly found an official Sprint RDF, which is a device profile document. In this document he found the following specs which match up perfectly with the specs of the Galaxy Note II:
  • Exynos 4412 quad-core processor
  • 1280×720 resolution
  • Android 4.1.1!
  • Support for EVDO, DOrA, WiFi and LTE!
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 16 GB HDD (with expansion slot up to 32 GB)
  • 8 Megapixel camera
  • And more!
One other interesting thing to note about this is that it shows LTE on board along with the Exynos processor, which is the first time we have seen that possibility in the United States. Of course, there is nothing concrete about this... just a supposedly leaked document and some logical speculation. Still, if it is true it is at least exciting in a couple of different ways for folks interested in this device.

Share your thoughts.

Source: Phandroid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Come on Verizon. Don't screw this up......

I do question if it comes to the states with an exynos processor will we have lte connection issues. Been down that road before when I first bought my nexus and have no desire to go down that road again.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Come on Verizon. Don't screw this up......

god I hope they don't

I do question if it comes to the states with an exynos processor will we have lte connection issues. Been down that road before when I first bought my nexus and have no desire to go down that road again.

true, let's hope they've fixed whatever the problem was. or have found a viable workaround

Reaction score
My contract is up next september. If Verizon doesn't get this then I'll end up buying the Razr Maxx HD developers edition. Once next september rolls around Verizon can kiss my ass.

Psykho

Reaction score
A new engadget article says it may be coming to Verizon and AT&T...

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like the battle shall come down to this, the LG Optimus 4, and the Sonys that might come along. Of course, that's not even mentioning the new Nexus devices that haven't dropped yet.

npro1464

Reaction score
Ugh, I just want some Nexus news, I have zero interest in anything else! I have a feeling that nothing is coming from the Nexus dept except the 7 right now because Google is giving Samsung it's moment in the spotlight for it's GSIII and now its Note II. I'm hoping we start hearing stuff soon and it's/they're out before Christmas. I fear, though, it will be pushed back til Spring.