Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What wink?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

How are you viewing the forum??? There is either the word wink, or a little Smiley face thing called an emotocon, that was winking. Such as this ;) :wink-b:

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Last edited:

Ed270

Reaction score
exactly :) "soon" is the standard answer to anything that involves OS updates. When devices are announced for the JellyBean update and everyone wants to know when it's coming the answer will be?............soon.

Another one of my favorites is "in the coming weeks. "

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Another one of my favorites is "in the coming weeks. "

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

As my mom used to tell me as a kid..."later" whens later? "Later" the more you ask the longer it gets!!

drgnshadow85

Reaction score
According to motorola website they're still in stage 1 of the ice cream sandwich update. I'm waiting for soak test or something to come in from motorola . But the US isn't planned to get the ice cream sandwich update until maybe next year early next year

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
According to motorola website they're still in stage 1 of the ice cream sandwich update. I'm waiting for soak test or something to come in from motorola . But the US isn't planned to get the ice cream sandwich update until maybe next year early next year

Next year? I'm going to guess you meant to say next quarter.

And the page on Motorola's website about the ICS release schedule hasn't been updated since February 15th. A lot changes in around two months. We know for certain that they're further along than "Evaluation and Planning" due to the leak that has been making its rounds. The fact of the matter is that no one knows when it will be released. Saying anything beyond that at this point is pure speculation. Motorola nor Verizon have given any official indication of when we'll see a U.S. release.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Next year? I'm going to guess you meant to say next quarter.

And the page on Motorola's website about the ICS release schedule hasn't been updated since February 15th. A lot changes in around two months. We know for certain that they're further along than "Evaluation and Planning" due to the leak that has been making its rounds. The fact of the matter is that no one knows when it will be released. Saying anything beyond that at this point is pure speculation. Motorola nor Verizon have given any official indication of when we'll see a U.S. release.

Yes we do!!! It will be Later.... lmao

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Many of the users commenting on that post claim to be a part of the canceled/delayed/modified soak test, and they say such a post was never made and deleted. Droid-Life is generally pretty good about not posting information as news unless they believe it to be coming from reputable sources (they will make skeptical posts from unsubstantiated sources, but they always point out their skepticism). So who knows what's really going on.

T

TheAlpha

That's a lie

Tonik

Reaction score
Many of the users commenting on that post claim to be a part of the canceled/delayed/modified soak test, and they say such a post was never made and deleted. Droid-Life is generally pretty good about not posting information as news unless they believe it to be coming from reputable sources (they will make skeptical posts from unsubstantiated sources, but they always point out their skepticism). So who knows what's really going on.

Good points, I didn't really think this through when I first saw it and posted the link.....but I was on the Moto Forums for quite awhile with my Bionic before I realized it was a waste of time..no valuable info there. But one thing I do remember, Matt NEVER gave out info like that in the general forums and said many times he would not announce dates or timelines on anything. He was very clear that it was an iron clad Moto policy that he could not violate. In fact he never gave out much info at all other than the usual fixes we all know. It seemed like he spent most of his time gathering info from people with problems...I assume to feed it back to the Moto devs.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Good points, I didn't really think this through when I first saw it and posted the link.....but I was on the Moto Forums for quite awhile with my Bionic before I realized it was a waste of time..no valuable info there. But one thing I do remember, Matt NEVER gave out info like that in the general forums and said many times he would not announce dates or timelines on anything. He was very clear that it was an iron clad Moto policy that he could not violate. In fact he never gave out much info at all other than the usual fixes we all know. It seemed like he spent most of his time gathering info from people with problems...I assume to feed it back to the Moto devs.

I believe Droid-Life is reporting that Matt posted the information, and then deleted it, in the private soak test forum to let them know what was going on with the test, not in the public forum. Either way, it still doesn't add up.

Last edited:

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score

Exactly... Matt is a good guy and will tell you anything that he is able to but I have never seen him go out on a limb like that and dangle a carrot. You never knew what the soak test was until you received it or someone else in the test posted something about it.