Rooted ICS

gmen1818

Reaction score
Is rooting the Droid razr with ICS the same as the normal and if so can anyone tell me how to root my phone successfully?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I'm not sure I understand your question. First you _do_ need to be rooted in install ICS. I don't have a link, just go to the Razr section and there should be guides there! :) There should also be several guides on flashing ICS after rooting! :)

Zandar

Reaction score
At this point, please, please, please don't root your phone and install a ROM. You have no idea what you're doing on it. No offense, but you're asking for trouble. Do some reading; a lot of reading.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Is rooting the Droid razr with ICS the same as the normal and if so can anyone tell me how to root my phone successfully?

+1 on what Zandar said. Dude, I have been reading your post and it is obvious that you really don't understand the first thing about your phone, what operating system you have, root or what you can do with root...I mean, come on and be honest, you didn't even know how to tell if you were rooted or not. You have no business "tinkering" with that phone right now. I'm not flaming you, just trying to keep you from doing something that neither you or any expert can recover from. Unless you have a boat load of money I strongly recommend you do a lot of research about cell phone technology, operating systems (particularly Android) and root. Root is fine for those who understand what it is they are doing, how and what to use to recover, and more importantly what not to do. Take some time an educate yourself, get an understanding of root and what you can safely do, and then if you want to root go ahead.

bullswife98

Reaction score
I agree with this post. I seen that I replied to a post you made earlier and from the question you asked you seriously need to do your homework on rooting and why/what its purposes are for. If your really serious about rooting do the research on it and see of its for you. Rooting isn't for everyone. We all here that have rooted our devices do it for other reasons ie.. tethering mostly. It is fun flashing roms but in the first stages of custom roms they have issues and for a newby it can get risky if you panic and don't know what your doing and end up bricking the phone. RESEARCH IS A MUST!!

Sent from my Updated and Rooted Razr sliced thin! :)

Reaction score
Awe, come on...diving right in is the best way to learn!

J/k....like everyone said, do some research and read up till you are comfortable. There is no rush right now because there really is only one ROM available for the RAZR at the moment.

Since you specifically asked about ICS, it is not available on the RAZR yet. So take your time.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I had an original Droid (D1)... a device that is well supported by the dev community. I read every forum out there for about 6 months before I felt I was comfortable with the process and the pitfalls should something go wrong before I rooted it. For the past 18 months I have been flashing and trying different ROMs on that phone and completely understand everything and what to do when things go wrong.
That being said with the new Razr I feel like I am starting all over again and after a month of reading I still do not feel comfortable rooting and flashing this phone, partly because I am happy with it as is so I really don't feel the need and partly because I need to feel 100% comfortable with all aspects of the process and recovery should there be a problem.

You really don't sound as if you have a full grasp of what you have as far as OS and why you want/need to root the device. As the others have said you really need to do a lot of reading and have a full understanding of before you attempt to root.