Flashing back to stock

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
tried flashing the ics rom and didnt work kept giving me the exclamation mark about 30% in. I am rooted .173 is it because i have bootstrap? Im going to try and revert back to stock .173 and reroot and try to flash again. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

There's a thread somewhere about this.
if it's the actually leak then I believe you must be stock as far as apps and mods. No deleted or froze just as if you were to receive the OTA...

----posted maxx'ed out----

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
tried flashing the ics rom and didnt work kept giving me the exclamation mark about 30% in. I am rooted .173 is it because i have bootstrap? Im going to try and revert back to stock .173 and reroot and try to flash again. Any help is appreciated

+1 on what thadroidz said and make sure you wipe system/cache/delvak etc.

victorvu627

Reaction score
So does this mean i have to use matts utility to go back to stock .173, root, voodoo root keeper, then flash? Does that sound right?
My phone is completely stock no frozen apps here. Maybe it its because of bootstrap i tried to do what the other thread said to remove bootstrap but it doesnt let me delete the bootstrap files. Its ok ill just go with matts utility and see how that works

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So does this mean i have to use matts utility to go back to stock .173, root, voodoo root keeper, then flash? Does that sound right?
My phone is completely stock no frozen apps here. Maybe it its because of bootstrap i tried to do what the other thread said to remove bootstrap but it doesnt let me delete the bootstrap files. Its ok ill just go with matts utility and see how that works
Yes, you have to be completely "clean" stock .173...no bootstrap or safestrap installed. I think Matt's utility is the best way to get there. Once you get back to .173, root and use Voodoo root keeper to protect root before you proceed. Follow these instructions to a TEE: [How-To] Sideload The Ics Leak! Updated 4-12-12 - DroidRzr.com

E
dit: I'm still stock .173 and waiting for the update (if it ever comes). The link I provided (if you haven't already found it) apparently has been very successful for others.

victorvu627

Reaction score
I have one last question is there a way to unlock bootloader after i do the .173 recovery? TIA

Kimo91

Reaction score
I have one last question is there a way to unlock bootloader after i do the .173 recovery? TIA

Absolutely no, not at this time and not till Verizon and Motorola both agree to do that

Sent from my rooted and Sith powered Moto DROID RAZR

victorvu627

Reaction score
There must be something im doing wrong i cant get matts utility to recover back to .173. I get into ap fastboot and hit 1 in the utility then enter but shows an error

Kimo91

Reaction score
Happened to me 2 weeks ago and I found out I didn't unzip all the files in matts program...did you unzip all files?

Sent from my rooted and Sith powered Moto DROID RAZR

victorvu627

Reaction score
Yep just did that now its stuck on "waiting for device"

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yep just did that now its stuck on "waiting for device"

Do you have the drivers installed?

Phone on charge only?

USB Debugging on?

EDIT: Also Matt did mention that some people that extracted the files to the ROOT of the C: Drive had problems, you could try extracting elsewhere if that is where you put it.

victorvu627

Reaction score
Its still stuck on waiting for device

anthony_rada

Reaction score
Everyone that knows about rooting knows to always do a NANDROID back up! Matts utility does that job to go back to stock.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Everyone that knows about rooting knows to always do a NANDROID back up! Matts utility does that job to go back to stock.

If he's trying to flash the leaked ICS I don't think he could do it from a NANDROID...but then again I might be wrong (won't be the first time :biggrin:). As I understand the process for flashing the leaked ICS you have to be "bone clean stock", not sure if a NANDROID passes that criteria.