Flashing back to stock

gmen1818

Reaction score
I rooted and downloaded ics and want to flash back to stock and try it again cause there's some bugs. Can someone tell me how to flash back?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Restore your nandroid backup you made..

----posted maxx'ed out----

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you not backup your phone after getting root?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Screw that utility I wouldnt waste your time. The link I include is very easy and works perfectly, be sure and follow the instructions exactly and definitely have a full battery so you dont brick it! http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...-stock-611744/

Edit: You must create an account to be able to view the page just so you know

That utility that you are saying to "screw" is made by the guy that wrote that post you linked. He put a lot of hard work into making one program us Razr users can have to do all of the things we want, such as root, unroot, fastboot, install bootstrap and safestrap.

Might behoove you to show a little respect and gratitude for his hard work, that utility is far from a waste of time. Fastbooting with that utility is much easier than going through RSD lite, plus after the reset you can reroot if you want.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Matt's Utility is the best way to do anything on your Razr from root/unroot to flash RSD back, etc. I used it quite a few times already and didn't have a problem...only problem I had was not unzipping the files once I downloaded his program, just a n00b mistake on my part LOL

Sent from my rooted and Sith powered Moto DROID RAZR

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Screw that utility I wouldnt waste your time. The link I include is very easy and works perfectly, be sure and follow the instructions exactly and definitely have a full battery so you dont brick it! http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...-stock-611744/

Dude, you need your head examined, LOL. You're giving advice to someone who evidently is not an experienced user with root. The advice you just gave is far more complicated and requires RSD and a process that is probably light years more complicated for an inexperienced user than Matt's utility. And yes, Sydman is right, the guy who wrote that link you sent gman1818 to also wrote the utility for that very reason...simple, fool proof and in the opinion of very experienced users a must for anyone who roots their phone.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I rooted and downloaded ics and want to flash back to stock and try it again cause there's some bugs. Can someone tell me how to flash back?

gmen1818...go next door to the Razr Hacks section and download and install on your computer Matt G.'s Razr Utility. Option 1 will take you back to stock .173. Make sure you save any pics, videos, music etc that you have on your internal sdcard to your external sdcard because when you do that it will "wipe" you system clean and put a fresh (stock) .173 on your phone. By the way, the first thing you should do after you have rooted is install Razr Bootstrap and make a backup of your phone so you can recover when you want a different ROM or go back to rooted stock.

gling

Reaction score

LOL, that's what I call foot in mouth.
The reason I recommended Matt's utility is because I've used it a number of times going from the leaks back to the current version for the OTA or soak. Its never failed me and is easy to use thanks to Matt's detailed instructions. He also keeps it updated so you can flash back to the most current release saving you from going back to 744 to 748 to 173 as your post would have him do.
Thanks to Matt's hard work (as shown by your link to one of his past post), countless Razr owner have the freedom to experiment with leaks, Roms and rooting without having to worry about screwing up their phone.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
LOL, that's what I call foot in mouth.
The reason I recommended Matt's utility is because I've used it a number of times going from the leaks back to the current version for the OTA or soak. Its never failed me and is easy to use thanks to Matt's detailed instructions. He also keeps it updated so you can flash back to the most current release saving you from going back to 744 to 748 to 173 as your post would have him do.
Thanks to Matt's hard work (as shown by your link to one of his past post), countless Razr owner have the freedom to experiment with leaks, Roms and rooting without having to worry about screwing up their phone.

Back when I had my Droid 1 I was never a fan of ANY utility to do the dirty work I believed that you should learn to do your flashing the "Right Way" and use RSD Lite. I didn't even let ROM manager flash the Zip files for me I would always boot into recovery and manually do the steps required figuring that if something went wrong I would be able to figure out the problem more easily.
Now with the Razr and locked Boot Loader and not completely understanding Fastboot at first if it were not for Matts utility I would still be sitting here waiting for Verizon to update me to ICS.
When the Official OTA of ICS comes out I will use Matt,s utility to flash back to get the update...
Matts utility works and works well... go for it!

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for Matt's utility ...

-1 for not making a backup

victorvu627

Reaction score
tried flashing the ics rom and didnt work kept giving me the exclamation mark about 30% in. I am rooted .173 is it because i have bootstrap? Im going to try and revert back to stock .173 and reroot and try to flash again. Any help is appreciated