When will the razr get ICS?

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
Does anybody know when the droid razr will be getting ICS? The only thing ive read about it says "early 2012"...well i would say "early 2012" is about...right now. Lol...and if its supposed to be soon wouldnt you think they would be announcing the actual release date soon?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Everything is speculation at this point... But I am hoping sooner than later...

~it's not just a phone~

Zandar

Reaction score
No one knows. "Early 2012" should mean anything in Q1, so up to the end of March (assuming they even stick to that; delays have happened before). The only "warning" we might get is a soak test; basically, where Motorola will release the software to a few people to test it out and then, if no major issues are found, release it to the general public about a week later. The only official notice we'll have is when they say it's actually rolling out.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Do you even know that you want ICS? Everyone thinks newer is better. Why not let the GNex guys continue to be the beta testers a bit longer, until the thing is rock solid?

StevenC150

Reaction score
Real quick, for the dummies on here (Me), what are the advantages of ICS?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Do you even know that you want ICS? Everyone thinks newer is better. Why not let the GNex guys continue to be the beta testers a bit longer, until the thing is rock solid?

Razr owners will be "beta testers" aswell since it's ICS build will have "Blur" incorporated in it.

Greeny

Reaction score

Why should the GNex guys (and girls) get to have all the fun? :biggrin:

Zandar

Reaction score
Real quick, for the dummies on here (Me), what are the advantages of ICS?
Honestly, most of the big ones we already have (at the front end, at least). We already have some of the front end features of ICS (camera access from the lockscreen, quick shutter, panorama mode, folder creation, resizable widgets; a few others). The ones we'll get that we don't already have are Face Unlock (unlock the phone with your face via the front facing camera), a better hunt-n-peck keyboard (I'm a Swype acolyte for sure, though), better multitasking pane (a la Honeycomb style), more integrated themes (it won't get rid of Motorola's themes, but more apps should start to come out that will match your stock theme); some other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. It'll basically be a nice UI overhaul on the front end.

On the back end, though, Android always improves it's speed, garbage collection, multitasking, etc. in every version. Your RAZR should be snappier, battery should last longer, etc.

As for Blur updates, we won't know until we see them. Blur used to suck, but this last version is actually quite nice. I have to say I'm rather looking forward to Motorola's rendition of ICS.

StevenC150

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the explanation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

pinoy_92

Reaction score
meh.. it just sucks getting the feeling of bieng left out...

but i still think they would release it maybe near the end of the world.

doomangiger

Reaction score
That would be my last wish before the Mayan apocalypse... To know how it feels to run ics on razr :D

SANhacker

Reaction score
I just hope they give me the option to "ask me again in 30 days" rather the daily nag messages for the OTA.
I've never had a phone work as smoothly as this one and I'll be glad to let the beta testers do their thing.