When Razr gets ICS...

baldybill

Reaction score
Debating the Razr and Galaxy Nexus. The Razr will get ICS before too long. When it do, what limitations will it have?

I know it doesn't have a NFC chip, so that feature won't be available. (so no Google wallet)

Anything else?

Sent from my OG Droid

seminole1994

Reaction score
Your probably looking at another 5 months or so before the RAZR gets ics so...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BigCTM

Reaction score
I had the Nexus and returned it due to some apps I used not working with ICS. All the same apps work with the Razr and GB. I will gladly wait a few months for the bugs to get worked out of ICS.

Your probably looking at another 5 months or so before the RAZR gets ics so...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Androidatic

Reaction score
It will be out soon enough. Wait for the beta testers to iron out the bugs. Also, the app devs are still making their apps ICS compatible so you also want to wait for them to call catch up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No on screen buttons since the RAZR already has buttons.

That and NFC might be it. Not really sure. And of course update times. There are some companies working on putting NFC on sd cards tho. So it might can use it eventually. By that time a new super phone might be out that has it built in...lol.

eidian

Reaction score
I read an article a couple of months that Bluetooth (in it's latest iteration not widely used but built in the Razr) is what would be used instead of NFC. I wish I could remember where I saw that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will be out soon enough. Wait for the beta testers to iron out the bugs. Also, the app devs are still making their apps ICS compatible so you also want to wait for them to call catch up.

It will probably be longer than most people think (or hope). Motorola Application Platform (the thing that people mistakenly call Blur) needs to be completely reworked for ICS. Historically, this has taken longer than getting the OS itself working correctly. That's why the devs are able to release the vanilla Android ROMs so much quicker. Problem with that is, not everyone wants to root and deal with the possible warranty ramifications.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Then the beta testing will be over by then.

But....since it isnt stock Android....will also have Moto App Plat, MAP...whatever..lol (I'm just used to saying Blur...) there could be and probably will be bugs stock ICS users never ran into. Thats one issue with the skins, custom UI's vs. stock Android. In a perfect world all the isseus and bugs from ICS + MAP will be got before it is released...in a perfect world.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Why the talk about Google wallet when the Verizon version of GNex doesn't have it either. Only US phone supporting Google wallet is nexus S.

GoBears

Reaction score
Why the talk about Google wallet when the Verizon version of GNex doesn't have it either. Only US phone supporting Google wallet is nexus S.

Because on the GNex all you have to do is install the apk and set it up. Works perfect and google gives ya 10 bucks free.

SANhacker

Reaction score
The way my RAZR is running now, I'm not sure I will download ICS when available. After two years with the OG, multiple ROMs, multiple kernels, I have never had a better experience than I have now with my RAZR and GB. Everything works flawlessly and I'm not a fan of fixing what ain't broke. :happy3: