ICS this week?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Manual pull won't be available for 10 days according to Twitter feed.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Bugwacker said:
why would they do that?...just to extend the pain?

That'd usually how they run things. It's less server load and they can pick out any finally bugs mid push if necessary.

mesii23

Reaction score
Moto has confirmed on their Facebook that rollout to Soakers will start today with broader rollout in the coming days. Or at least that's what I gathered from their corporate speak on there

Sent from my 4G LTE DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Bugwacker

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Waited this long... What's another day or so. Will a push notice come as a pop-up? Or, will it only come up after a reboot?

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Waited this long... What's another day or so. Will a push notice come as a pop-up? Or, will it only come up after a reboot?

Its yet another day that we are not getting it....why tell anyone that is coming out today if it's only going to be for the Soakers....Just sayin'

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
because the quicker it starts the quicker we get it?

Sent from my BLACK DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. Prepare to be impressified!!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mjlater
Don't mean to hijack but can't find the answer to my question... I'm rooted running Eclipse 1.3. Will this interfere with the OTA ICS? Or will I have to go back to stock?

(Reply by FoxKat) Definitely have to return to stock. Go to DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files] and follow instructions to get back to .181.​

I went to the link but it didn't mention how to install... any advice or could you point me in the right direction?

The instructions for the Droid RAZR Utility are here on this link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html, only difference is this link takes you back to .173, then you would have to OTA to .181, where the other one I sent takes you back to .181 and you're done in one shot.

Pretty simple, put the phone in to USB Debugging mode (menu, settings, applications, development), and then boot into AP Fastboot (Power off, then press and hold all three buttons, Power & Volume Up and Down, at the white text menu, press Volume down repeatedly until the highlighted text says AP Fastboot, then press Volume Up).

Last edited:
OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've already did the settings->about->updates about 12 times. LOL

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
The instructions for the Droid RAZR Utility are here on this link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html, only difference is this link takes you back to .173, then you would have to OTA to .181, where the other one I sent takes you back to .181 and you're done in one shot.

Pretty simple, put the phone in to USB Debugging mode (menu, settings, applications, development), and then boot into AP Fastboot (Power off, then press and hold all three buttons, Power & Volume Up and Down, at the white text menu, press Volume down repeatedly until the highlighted text says AP Fastboot, then press Volume Up).

Huh...........:blink:

jaybogg

Reaction score

I have owned a droid device since Feb (palm for free wifi htspot prior to that) so I don't have much experience in all this. You can definitely see journalistic bias in these different reports though. This one by droidlife(their opinion portion of the news release at the beginning of the article) is interpreted by me to be saying they (Moto/VZW) are officially announcing the soak. Don't know if this is true, but I could definitely see the advantages.

Announce the official release, roll out to a small group (original soak test volunteers), give it a day or two, and the start a wider distribution. From a business standpoint, they easily meet their Q2 promise, they get their soak test, and in the end, everyone is happy (WE HOPE!!).

I am not saying this is what is happening as I have no experience, but with that interpretation of the droid-life report at the beginning of their article, I could see this as a very good business ploy. Just my 2 cents, hope I'm wrong, I want it now too.

With that being said, let's all chant together:

I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR..........!!LOL

Reaction score
eddiekeyton said:
because the quicker it starts the quicker we get it?

Sent from my BLACK DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. Prepare to be impressified!!!!

Agreed. Once the Soak Tests start Ill be happy too. Because that means we will get it VERY SOON!

{×Sent from my Droid-Razr×}