ICS this week?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
ALL been a learning experience, I never "Knew" two(2) things like I do now..... Corporations (especially Tech) are scared to death of making a mistake these days
( I wonder how much stuff "We" never get to see as a result) AND We as a society have become very very impatient :)

All that said, " Where is the Ice Cream!!! and it better taste Good!!" :biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Huh...........:blink:

Reply to an old post from late last night, doesn't apply to the ICS, the OP was asking how to roll back from a leaked version of ICS to stock to be eligible for the OTA. Should have copied earlier post as well...fixing now to avoid confusion.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
So did the soakers already get the update??

Did they get an email telling them that they were going to be one of the soakers or just the survey and then the download??

Has the revolution begun??

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I don't buy it. Someone earlier said about 40 posted they "allegedly" had gotten the "alleged Survey", but nobody has posted they actually got the invite...doesn't pass the smell test. IMHO

Bugwacker

Reaction score
I guess it really doesn't matter now... But, I received and completed the survey. And that was the last I heard from moto. Was on Tuesday.

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I don't buy it. Someone earlier said about 40 posted they "allegedly" had gotten the "alleged Survey", but nobody has posted they actually got the invite...doesn't pass the smell test. IMHO
I agree FoxKat. In the past Moto has always sent out an invite to MFN members announcing the start of a soak test which included a survey which collected information (phone identification etc) and whether or not you wanted to participate. Then, a few days later, if selected, you were sent a link to a secure site where selected members could go to post their observations/comments about the soaked update/upgrade before the soak was released. After the soak was sent out, the soak would normally last 3-5 days with the release of the official OTA to all users shortly there after. It is hard to tell if a soak has ever taken place in this case. We know people got the invite...I haven't seen anyone state they have actually got the soak.

georgeo18yal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Hey I'm hoping I get it. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I agree FoxKat. In the past Moto has always sent out an invite to MFN members announcing the start of a soak test which included a survey which collected information (phone identification etc) and whether or not you wanted to participate. Then, a few days later, if selected, you were sent a link to a secure site where selected members could go to post their observations/comments about the soaked update/upgrade before the soak was released. After the soak was sent out, the soak would normally last 3-5 days with the release of the official OTA to all users shortly there after. It is hard to tell if a soak has ever taken place in this case. We know people got the invite...I haven't seen anyone state they have actually got the soak.

Exactly. And furthermore, people just can't keep their mouths shut so if the soak had started already, SOMEBODY would have SPILLED THE BEANS by now!

cybertj.2000

Reaction score

So if that is the case, did you get an email to tell you that you weren't selected, or just had to wait until they announced that you could download the official update via your provider?

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Exactly. And furthermore, people just can't keep their mouths shut so if the soak had started already, SOMEBODY would have SPILLED THE BEANS by now!

Yeah, at least one person would have said something, especially since tons of people said that they had received the survey!!!

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Well motorola is trying their best to bring ota and make ppl happy again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Translation Please? Lots of hypothesis about what has or has not happened, Verizon did release the update is starting Today, Correct? or was that a different source?

Bugwacker

Reaction score
Today 12:21

I guess it really doesn't matter now... But, I received and completed the survey. And that was the last I heard from moto. Was on Tuesday.
Like I had said... No word at all from Moto re: the soak

theatomizer90

Reaction score
Well the way they have it set up they have the weekend to soak and Mon for general release.