ICS this week?

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by LoneWolfArcher, Jun 18, 2012.

1. wojtalsd

wojtalsd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Screenshot from the settings on .211

View attachment 51282

2. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Great observation, but to understand where the leaks come from, they're off of servers hosted by Motorola to allow access to Developers and Beta testers, and are accessed by a utility with a name that rhymes with Breezecake. The reason we see these leaks is because the "breezecake" utility is out in the public now and so unauthorized users who have access to that utility use it to pull down the official "test" versions of the OS. These are signed (meaning official), and so can be installed on any phone with a valid OS, but like many have discovered, they may not be the final version and some can not be reversed once in stalled.

Installing leaks is not for the faint of heart and CAN result in fully bricking your phone. It can also kick you off of the OTA upgrade path with no known way to return, so you may not be able to eventually install the official released version once it drops. Unless you have a phone that you can afford to lose, it's suggested that you don't risk the potential consequences.

3. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +44
    He is!

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

4. donnie5336

donnie5336 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well according to that screenshot, he is not. That is what I mean. Can you turn the LTE off, keeping CDMA on? So those of us not in 4G area aren't wasting battery with our phone searching for an LTE signal that isn't there? My battery life nearly doubled by turning the LTE radio off.

5. Exalted911

Exalted911 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The option is no longer on the phone with the current 211 build, I think the only way to do it is to dial the code thru your phone Dial *#*#4636#*#* .

6. shiftat8k

shiftat8k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an odd feeling that the soak test will start today.

7. nkfry

nkfry Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I would bet tomorrow or Monday, the survey emails just went out it'll take a day or two to decide on worthy testee's.

Pun intended...

8. shiftat8k

shiftat8k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah... I would've thought that too... but I unfortunately had an issue with my RAZR. The screen shattered, so I had to buy a new one. Got my number transferred, etc.. but noticed my hex meid number was different. So I called motorola support to see if i could have it changed to my new RAZR. She said even if it did get changed, 'something' is going out OTA today. And more than likely, I would miss the OTA.

9. ronschuck

ronschuck New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ics soaks

Ics soak test is out,, trust me.. got an "invite"

Hi,

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We are inviting owners of the Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR Maxx on Verizon to participate in an early preview of a new software release, and provide feedback. If you are not currently using a Droid RAZR or Droid RAZR Maxx, please excuse and ignore this email.

This is a confidential test under the terms of the Motorola Feedback Network.

Thanks -- please understand that start times are always fluid. We ask for your patience if you register but don't hear from us right away.

Matt

Motorola Owners’ Forums
    Motorola Feedback Network

To unsubscribe from the Motorola Feedback Network, visit your profile on the new Motorola Feedback Network site and click the link titled "Update Contact Information / Motorola Feedback NetworkParticipation Preference." Click "No" under "Motorola Feedback Network" to unsubscribe.

10. nkfry

nkfry Member

Ratings:
    +2
    That looks like the initial email that went out for the soak survey to find testers, not the invite to testing..

11. shiftat8k

shiftat8k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone who signed up for the MFN got that email. Its not an invite.

12. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Which of course says "confidential" right on it, but of course there's no reason why you wouldn't post it here on a public forum, because of course nobody that is concerned about it remaining "confidential" would ever see it here - a public forum - of course, right?:blink:

Search tags for this page
android patching system files
aots roms droid bionic 2013
droid2 2.3.3 upgrade draining battery
facepalm gif

how long does a soak test last

patching system files android
samsung stratosphere ics roms
thunderbolt ics airplane mode widget