ICS Leak.. Found-Tips-Tricks and Fix!

wilboy

Reaction score
Guys let's start this in one Thread:
1)I found out that my Hotmail E-mail acct. doesn't receive any email at all!
Fixed by deleting and adding it again thru corporate E-mail and now it works flawlessly!:).
2)I'm having problem w/ my Skyfire browser..laggy/force close...anyone here who can tell how to fix this?....or the Skyfire browser needs an update to work w/ ICS? Thanks y'all !!:)

To MOD. if this isn't necessary,pls. delete this Thread..Thank you very much!!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey what's up, I decided to install this leak. Great choice, seemed laggy at first but after awhile, it's doing alot better. I use K9 email so i didn't have a problem with that. So far, using stock browser seems to be working fine. Alot of tips and tricks can also be found here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s-discussion/213275-ics-tips-tricks-razr.html After posting in that thread i realized the 3g/4g trick doesn't work but there is an alternative, download the phone info app and use that to get to the hiidden menu.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wseyller

Reaction score
I was about to start a thread similiar that list any bugs, glitches or oddities. There are two versions of the leak of course. I have only used 2233 so I don't know how different they are. I wanted to display a list of information from my own experiences and more importantly from all the others. User feedback is important to whether what is listed is an wrong or if someone finds a remedy or workaround for the situation so that the information can be updated. The OP is welcome to copy/modify any of this information into the 1st post.

From my own experiences:

UI crash when using webtop. This happens while using the stock homescreen launcher. Remedy/Workaround: Use a different homescreen launcher while using webtop.

The "ring" volume and the "notification" volume will not lock together so that they can be adjusted simultaneously. No solution found.

After installing an app "sometimes" the widget for that app does not show up in the app drawer right away: Remedy/Workaround: Rebooting seems to force the widget to show up.

When using the stock homescreen launcher, and while on the default screen the home button does not show smaller previews of each homescreen as it didn't on gingerbread releases. Remedy/Workaround: use a different homescreen launcher that can provide the feature.

Oddity: Some people are showing that their cpu clock speed is at 1.2 ghz. Some others including myself is still showing 1.0 ghz which I verified using Setcpu and Quadrant. Question is why some can or can't have 1.2 ghz

I've seen more that one person claim that their email is very slow to load data (15 to 30 seconds were claimed). I personally have one imap account using the official "Email" app and I have one gmail account using the official "Gmail" app. I have used them both alot and they work instantaneously. One person I asked that was having the slow down was using an exchange type email account.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When in camera mode select settings scroll until you see storage then you get a secondary menu. There you can select internal or external.

As for cpu speed i noticed with 2233 its clocked at 1.2 using rom manager.

Home button has been updated to show recent apps, thus no home screen panel viewing like Gingerbread. You do how ever see it when selecting an app/widget and placing it on a home screen.

As for ringer, notification, alert volumes I'm at a loss why they dont sync together, possibly to prioritize what you hear at any given moment.

Don't seem to have email issues. They are prompt and load rather smoothly and quickly.

wseyller

Reaction score
When in camera mode select settings scroll until you see storage then you get a secondary menu. There you can select internal or external.

As for cpu speed i noticed with 2233 its clocked at 1.2 using rom manager.

Home button has been updated to show recent apps, thus no home screen panel viewing like Gingerbread. You do how ever see it when selecting an app/widget and placing it on a home screen.

As for ringer, notification, alert volumes I'm at a loss why they dont sync together, possibly to prioritize what you hear at any given moment.

Don't seem to have email issues. They are prompt and load rather smoothly and quickly.

When I load the camera, I then select the settings icon. I scroll down to "Storage Location". It is greyed out and says "SD card, No Memory Available".

As far as cpu speed, some are claiming it is showing up in "Quadrant". I loaded Quadrant but I don't get 1.2 ghz. I haven't used rom manager since my Original droid and I never saw any use for it on the Bionic. I am not going to believe rom manager.

Home Button: home button has always been used to show recent apps when long pressed. But why not take use of the short press of the home button to show the preview of all five screens. that was a good option in my opinion.

Volumes: I'm at loss too. Possibly to prioritize was an option in the gingerbread builds it you unchecked them being locked together.

Edit: The camera external sd card issue I figured out so I retracted that as an issue.

Another thing I missing: The ability to set usb to charging only. Everytime I plug the phone into the computer is mounts my storage to the computer. I rather have the option to decide if it does or not.

Last edited:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I checked my camera app and I also have 2 choices, internal storage or sd card.

4248d379-8946-b685.jpg

wseyller

Reaction score
I checked my camera app and I also have 2 choices, internal storage or sd card.

Yeah I edited my post: Not sure why I couldn't do it before after trying several times at different times. I checked again and I was able to do it. Must have been drunk or something.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool:cool: yeah to be honest I looked at it twice myself. I think it's just the way the ICS UI is though, the rectangular box threw me off, lol.

Reaction score
wseyller said:
When I load the camera, I then select the settings icon. I scroll down to "Storage Location". It is greyed out and says "SD card, No Memory Available".

As far as cpu speed, some are claiming it is showing up in "Quadrant". I loaded Quadrant but I don't get 1.2 ghz. I haven't used rom manager since my Original droid and I never saw any use for it on the Bionic. I am not going to believe rom manager.

Home Button: home button has always been used to show recent apps when long pressed. But why not take use of the short press of the home button to show the preview of all five screens. that was a good option in my opinion.

Volumes: I'm at loss too. Possibly to prioritize was an option in the gingerbread builds it you unchecked them being locked together.

Edit: The camera external sd card issue I figured out so I retracted that as an issue.

Another thing I missing: The ability to set usb to charging only. Everytime I plug the phone into the computer is mounts my storage to the computer. I rather have the option to decide if it does or not.

I get the same results with set CPU and quadrant

Parawood

Reaction score
I did notice that with SetCPU, there is a governor reported. I am getting speeds of 800, 1000 and 1200 MHz. I guess it depends on the load at the time.

pacuff

Reaction score
I notice that when I install new apps in 2233 ICS, they are automatically added to the home screen. Is there a setting that I'm missing to stop that behavior?

striker85

Reaction score
I notice that when I install new apps in 2233 ICS, they are automatically added to the home screen. Is there a setting that I'm missing to stop that behavior?

In play store, go to settings; there is an option to disable that.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Noticed Webtop 3.0... anyone tried it with the lapdock? Wonder if the low-memory errors go away. Gonna keep my ear to the ground, thinking of taking the plunge. :)

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2