ICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr

YellowJacket

Reaction score
OP
YellowJacket

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Screenshot

To take a screenshot press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously. I tried it and it works however, if you have only your homescreen open it does not seem to work.

David

Kstyle723

Reaction score
Great post... now if only my update would come through lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR

William_04_x

Reaction score
App groups vs folders.

App groups are put together from the app drawer(click the all apps button top/left once you open your app drawer).This can help you organize your app drawer by putting related things in a common location. Once created a shortcut can be sent to a homescreen and the group can be easily accessed. Folders are created by dragging apps on top of each other which are already on a home screen. Both function similarly from the homescreen. On the left is an app group shortcut, on the right is a folder.

View attachment 51398

When clicking the App group shortcut you're taken to the app group list in the app drawer.

View attachment 51399

When clicking a folder the icon expands to show the apps in the folder and you stay on the homescreen.

View attachment 51400

I never saw apps groups in GB, but doesn't mean they weren't available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Last edited:

William_04_x

Reaction score
Individual notifications can be cleared from the pull down bar by swiping them off the side of the screen.

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Has anyone figured if there are home screen notifications? You know like little numbers that overlay the apps for unread emails, texts and missed calls? This was shown in some international versions of ICS on moto phones, I would really like if this was an available option.

William_04_x

Reaction score
JCDenton771 said:
Has anyone figured if there are home screen notifications? You know like little numbers that overlay the apps for unread emails, texts and missed calls? This was shown in some international versions of ICS on moto phones, I would really like if this was an available option.

I only see them in the notification bar. Nothing on the app icons.

View attachment 51413

William_04_x

Reaction score
Of course there's the Easter egg. Open Settings> About Phone> quickly tap Android Version. You get this.

View attachment 51415

Looooooong press the little ICS Droid and watch what happens. :)

William_04_x

Reaction score
For the native browser an easier way to navigate is available. Open the browser, click the menu hard button, then tap settings. Click labs, then quick controls. With this enable you slide in from the extreme side of the screen and browser function controls appear right around your thumb. You can open new tabs, go to bookmarks page, view open tabs list, etc.

View attachment 51418

Last edited:

memedic95

Reaction score
You can disable the screen lock altogether by going to settings/ security/ screen lock and then choose none if you don't like having to unlock your phone by first waking it up with the power button and then going through a security swipe or whatever else might be set up.