ICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Pretty simple tip to enable desktop sites in the stock browser without having to do the old about:debug trick.

Open browser and click settings and then check request desktop site.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Gonna give this a sticky so it stays at the top

Xil

Reaction score
Don't forget now that on 4.0 you can download Google Chrome and use that as your browser. I love it for my Xoom!

William_04_x

Reaction score
Theres a data manager for those not on unlimited plans, or just curious about usage. Click Settings> Data Usage.

This gives you an approximate idea of how much data you've used during a monthly cycle. The starting date of the month can be changed to match your billing cycle. A limit can be set, and when reached will automatically turn your data off to prevent overages.

View attachment 51455

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Last edited:

jchargu3

Reaction score
in Gb you could set a double tap on the home key to do a specific task. Is this available in ICS? If so this would be a good tip to know as I can't find it. :D

William_04_x

Reaction score
jchargu3 said:
in Gb you could set a double tap on the home key to do a specific task. Is this available in ICS? If so this would be a good tip to know as I can't find it. :D

That is still available. Click Settings> Accessibility, and scroll to the bottom for double tap home launch.

William_04_x

Reaction score
This was available in GB, but is good to go through to improve voice command accuracy. Open voice commands and select the gear. There's an adaptation process where you recite a series commands so it will better understand you. There's also a shortcuts section where you can enable/disable what actions voice commands is able to initiate. That would be useful if an unintended app or action is constantly prompted by a common command.

Last edited:

amgine27

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where motorola task manager went and how i can get it

rdgxray

Reaction score
It got eliminated. Go to apps and look at running apps. Gives same basic information and controls.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

brent.murray

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great tips yall!!! Keep 'coming. btw I love the new long press home screen to bring up running programs (and then swiping them to close them)... AWESOME!

Ice Cream Sandwich tastes sooo good!!!! :p

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only thing I have found (or I should say HAVEN'T found) is a way to do bookmarks on a screen as a shortcut. I like the intellicast.com website for animated weather radar for my area. I used to be able to do a shortcut in Dolphin Browser that I could just tap and it would open the web page with my radar. Dolphin has a "bookmarks widget" but it takes up way too much room on a screen, I would prefer the one icon. It's no longer in widgets, and I use Desktop Visualizer too, but it's not an option in there either. Anyone have any suggestions?