ICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr

stealthy45

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great tips yall!!! Keep 'coming. btw I love the new long press home screen to bring up running programs (and then swiping them to close them)... AWESOME!

Ice Cream Sandwich tastes sooo good!!!! :p

The home button does absolutely nothing for me. Doesn't matter if I short press or long press it, it doesn't do a thing. It's getting very frustrating having to manually back out of all my apps. Any suggestions?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The home button does absolutely nothing for me. Doesn't matter if I short press or long press it, it doesn't do a thing. It's getting very frustrating having to manually back out of all my apps. Any suggestions?

Do you have a different launcher? I dont have ICS yet....but I tested out some launchers on GB recently and my home button got screwed up one time. If your home button isnt working...something's definitely wrong.

App groups vs folders.

App groups are put together from the app drawer(click the all apps button top/left once you open your app drawer).This can help you organize your app drawer by putting related things in a common location. Once created a shortcut can be sent to a homescreen and the group can be easily accessed. Folders are created by dragging apps on top of each other which are already on a home screen. Both function similarly from the homescreen. On the left is an app group shortcut, on the right is a folder.

When clicking the App group shortcut you're taken to the app group list in the app drawer.

When clicking a folder the icon expands to show the apps in the folder and you stay on the homescreen.

I never saw apps groups in GB, but doesn't mean they weren't available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

This was there on Blur with GB...and was of my fav things about the Blur GB update starting with the Droid X1. Nice to see Moto kept it. Nice thread yall got going on here.

Last edited:

William_04_x

Reaction score
MattyP said:
The only thing I have found (or I should say HAVEN'T found) is a way to do bookmarks on a screen as a shortcut. I like the intellicast.com website for animated weather radar for my area. I used to be able to do a shortcut in Dolphin Browser that I could just tap and it would open the web page with my radar. Dolphin has a "bookmarks widget" but it takes up way too much room on a screen, I would prefer the one icon. It's no longer in widgets, and I use Desktop Visualizer too, but it's not an option in there either. Anyone have any suggestions?

Open the native browser and go to the bookmarks page. Long press the bookmark you want to set a shortcut for. Select add shortcut to home. Or, select edit bookmark, and tap the field next "add to"(it'll say bookmarks). Select homescreen and click OK.

Last edited:

stealthy45

Reaction score
Do you have a different launcher? I dont have ICS yet....but I tested out some launchers on GB recently and my home button got screwed up one time. If your home button isnt working...something's definitely wrong.
Nope. Default launcher.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Open the native browser and go to the bookmarks page. Long press the bookmark you want to set a shortcut for. Select add shortcut to home. Or, select edit bookmark, and tap the field next "add to"(it'll say bookmarks). Select homescreen and click OK.

HA!! Thanks for that. I had the native browser frozen in Titanium Backup because I use the Dolphin Browser. I defrosted it, and had bookmarks again. However, I use "Desktop Visualizer" for creating custom shortcuts on home screens. I created a shortcut, with the Dolphin icon, and selected that bookmark from the native browser. Then when I tapped to open, it gave me the option of completing the action using the native browser or Dolphin browser, and I tapped 'remember this choice" so now it does it in the Dolphin browser that I like so much better. Awesome! Thank you! :hail:

amgine27

Reaction score
factory restore after ics install

should you do a factory restore after you do the ICS install

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If anyone has any tips and tricks for clearing out the frequently called list please let me know. I had an app that worked in GB but now for some reason they don't want us to be able to clear out the frequently called. :blink:

Terri M

Reaction score

gan777

Reaction score
Great Tips!

thanks for all the tips... Love the easter egg.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If anyone has any tips and tricks for clearing out the frequently called list please let me know. I had an app that worked in GB but now for some reason they don't want us to be able to clear out the frequently called. :blink:

Go into frequent calls, tap options, select clear.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The Easter egg doesn't work on my maxx. Hmmm, odd.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go into frequent calls, tap options, select clear.

I looked all through there ... I have no option to "clear" ... 4.0.4 ICS right?

Under my "Favorites" is my Frequently Contacted, if I tap options it gives me "Import/Export", "Accounts", "Share Contacts", and "Backup Assistant + Contacts" but no "Clear" option. :blink:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah ics, just released. In the dialer, tap on recent, then rap options, the bottom left key on the phone, it gives me the clear option