ICS Battery life

altjx

Reaction score
Going to try FoxKat's suggestions because this is horrible and embarrassing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

altjx

Reaction score
Have you done a factory reset?

I have not. Now, I didn't upgrade to ICS, I actually did a fresh install of ICS using the utility. Factory reset may still be necessary?

MaxxHeadroom

Reaction score
Ok, Well it may be in order then. Here's some interesting things I have noticed through my own trial and error since I updated ota. My battery times were ok I wasn't having that much of a problem with it, but my phone was slighty laggy. I suspected a few apps were conflicting a bit so I gave it about 2 days before I did the Factory reset. Here's where I noticed the difference in my battery times.

The first factory reset I did I backed up my app data through the process of the fdr when it asked me before I wiped it so that it would restore all my apps back with their settings still in tact. Well after my phone reset I let google services add everything back for me with all the app settings in place. Worked smooth and worked fine. Everything went back on my phone without a hitch. But my phone got laggy really bad. I gave it a couple of hours and realized the apps settings I put back in place just made the reset even worse. Made my battery times worse also. So I went back and did another factory reset, the process only takes about 5 minutes so I figured why not. Here's where things changed for me. I just did a factory reset with no backed up app setting. When it asked if I wanted to let google reinstall any apps and contacts with their settings after the re-boot of the reset I said no. I re-installed all my apps back fresh and clean. NO backed up settings. WOW what a difference that made with my phone. It then acted like it did before I upgraded to ICS. My Razr was bad ass again. My battery times are better and it runs silky smooth. I'm assuming a lot of the problems was the apps still had all their settings set to GB. With a factory reset and no backed up data from the apps and a clean install of them all my problems disappeared and that's when my battery time got even better.

With Foxkats battery meter training of course...That really made it better.

altjx

Reaction score
Ok, Well it may be in order then. Here's some interesting things I have noticed through my own trial and error since I updated ota. My battery times were ok I wasn't having that much of a problem with it, but my phone was slighty laggy. I suspected a few apps were conflicting a bit so I gave it about 2 days before I did the Factory reset. Here's where I noticed the difference in my battery times.

The first factory reset I did I backed up my app data through the process of the fdr when it asked me before I wiped it so that it would restore all my apps back with their settings still in tact. Well after my phone reset I let google services add everything back for me with all the app settings in place. Worked smooth and worked fine. Everything went back on my phone without a hitch. But my phone got laggy really bad. I gave it a couple of hours and realized the apps settings I put back in place just made the reset even worse. Made my battery times worse also. So I went back and did another factory reset, the process only takes about 5 minutes so I figured why not. Here's where things changed for me. I just did a factory reset with no backed up app setting. When it asked if I wanted to let google reinstall any apps and contacts with their settings after the re-boot of the reset I said no. I re-installed all my apps back fresh and clean. NO backed up settings. WOW what a difference that made with my phone. It then acted like it did before I upgraded to ICS. My Razr was bad ass again. My battery times are better and it runs silky smooth. I'm assuming a lot of the problems was the apps still had all their settings set to GB. With a factory reset and no backed up data from the apps and a clean install of them all my problems disappeared and that's when my battery time got even better.

With Foxkats battery meter training of course...That really made it better.

Very interesting man. I might as well go ahead and give it a shot. I just hate reinstalling all those apps one by one :( I'm definitely going to have to use http://play.google.com for that, lol. And perhaps AirDroid.

MaxxHeadroom

Reaction score
Hey don't feel bad that's what I had to do lol. But I'm telling you it made a world of difference with my Maxx. I remember when froyo switched to GB my Droid X completely geeked out. I did the exact same thing with it and just wiped it and put everything back on new again. It acted right immediately after that. So I tried it again with my Maxx this time around after being greedy and hoping the 1st reset would solve my problem. Fresh everything solved all the problems I was experiencing. Maybe this will help you and others out. It's definitely solved all my problems. Laggy feeling was gone and buttery smooth, better battery times, the overall feel of the phone is fantastic. I was discouraged at 1st with the update, but just wiping it and putting everything else back on from a clean state worked WONDERS! It was a pain, but all problems have been solved.

altjx

Reaction score
Hey don't feel bad that's what I had to do lol. But I'm telling you it made a world of difference with my Maxx. I remember when froyo switched to GB my Droid X completely geeked out. I did the exact same thing with it and just wiped it and put everything back on new again. It acted right immediately after that. So I tried it again with my Maxx this time around after being greedy and hoping the 1st reset would solve my problem. Fresh everything solved all the problems I was experiencing. Maybe this will help you and others out. It's definitely solved all my problems. Laggy feeling, better battery times, the overall feel of the phone is fantastic. I was discouraged at 1st with the update, but just wiping it and putting everything else back on from a clean state worked WONDERS! It was a pain, but all problems have been solved.

Haha. I had actually reset a couple times between GB, ICS leak, back to GB (after hearing OTA ICS was close), and then back to ICS leak again because they lied about OTA and I didn't want to keep waiting, and THEN finally back to GB and OTA ICS a week later. Google Play is going to own me soon lol.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's a new ICS leak out that supposedly addresses battery issues. Its .214

MaxxHeadroom

Reaction score
Well I hope the method helps if you try it. It took me all day Monday to get everything put back on but 2 days later I am finally a happy dude with excellent battery times and some buttery smooth ICS. I can enjoy my phone and life again lol.

altjx

Reaction score
There's a new ICS leak out that supposedly addresses battery issues. Its .214

Seriously? When did this come out and do you know where or have a link?

altjx

Reaction score
Haha. Thanks man!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have heard mixed reports, some said 10%, others say it's still 15%. I had planned to run mine down a couple days ago to see but forgot and plugged it in at night. Perhaps I can give it a go tonight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It was 10% for me last night. Will see if it is the same tonight. Am at 30% right now

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It was 10% for me last night. Will see if it is the same tonight. Am at 30% right now

At 30% got me too. Failing asleep trying to use last 20%.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ok. At 15%, no pop up, but lock screen says "Connect charger".

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
10% pop-up!

60e35213-5a99-ffad.jpg