What kind of realistic battery life are you guys getting?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by ekang5005, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ekang5005

ekang5005 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My first post on this forum dancedroid

Ive had my Razr Maxx for about a week and I'm not sure if the battery life is all that it's hyped up to be.
    Granted this is my 4G phone and I don't have a baseline to compare it to other 4G phones, but it seems like I can get about 8-9 hours of intense use, with the screen on almost the entire time.

And about 4 hours of Netflix on 4G. The 4g must consume lots of power.

When I don't use the phone much on weekends, lasting 24 hours and more on 4g is not a problem. But the phone is in standby mode most of the time.

So in a nutshell, I think the Maxx definitely can last you at least 8-12 hours of hard core use during the workday, which should be enough for most people.

Other phones, such as the Droid 4 and Galaxy Nexus can't last this long?

What kind of battery life are you guys getting?

2. DocsDad

DocsDad Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yep 4G is a drain. BUT, 8-9 hours of display on? 4 hours of Netflix? Rock on :icon_ lala:

You can easily power through 12-18 hours of heavy use... and a couple days of modest use.

I charge daily (about 15 hours between). I am rarely below 50% battery when I charge and use my MAXX pretty heavy. Its a beast.

3. weatherlover1

weatherlover1 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I think your getting really good battery life with that much use. I don't have 4G where I live yet but the battery life with 3G is awesome! I am a light user and I charge the phone every night but I am sure I could easily get two days of use out of this beast.

Also welcome to the forums! :biggrin:

O and I had the Droid Charge for two weeks prior to getting this phone again using 3G and the battery life was horrible I had to charge it at least once a day besides the nightly charge.

4. skipbl92

skipbl92 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I received my phone on 3/2. Until 4 days ago I was getting 46-47 hours. Then 4 days ago my battery has ranged from 20 hours to 26 hours.

5. Mike8016

Mike8016 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I barley make it a full day with my Bionic and I have the extended battery. Idk how some people are able to go a day and a half. I have only been able to do that once

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

6. DocsDad

DocsDad Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Update on today... after 10 hours I plugged in at 51% remaining. 4G and pretty moderate to heavy use (web and words with friends)

7. Moose381

Moose381 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right now I'm at 36 hours...with light/moderate use....and still have 48%...this phone rocks....except for the email. Dang, it's nothing but trouble for me.

8. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +677
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    I got my Maxx in yesterday coming from the OG Razr which I thought still had pretty good battery life. I am 1 day 4 hours 36 minutes and I am at 40%, granted I don't know where on the scale of 40 that is. That is with the screen being on for 5 hours of the total life, and of course spending a good amount of time yesterday re-downloading and setting up 50 or so apps.

I also use one Gmail account and two enterprise accounts with Touchdown, plus the usual text messages and a couple phone calls. Also playing ALOT of Draw Something (that game is awesome if you have not played it). So I am very pleased with the battery life of this phone so far and I hope for it to only get better over time. Just need to get a new alarm clock so I can keep my phone off while charging at night to extend my battery life. Thank you FoxKat for the battery saving tips :)

9. Andielyn

Andielyn Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I've had mine almost 3 weeks now and I'm getting good battery life but don't think I could get the kind of battery life Moto promises, 10 hours straight streaming video or 2 days rocking out to tunes. Forget the 21 hour conference call cuz my boss could never talk me in to that one :cool:

I have light to moderate use, stock, no 4g on and at about 40-50% by bedtime. Not complaining! because that's much better than other phones get.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

10. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +677
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
  11. Sandlotje

Sandlotje Member

Ratings:
    +2
    At the end of the day I usually have 50-60% left. FWIW, I'm mostly on 3G (because I tend to be just out of range in terms of school and home) and DO NOT have smart actions set up.

12. William_04_x

William_04_x Member

Ratings:
    +10
    4G and BT on all day, EE fetching every 15 mins, couple dozen phone calls, texts, couple hours streaming music while driving, hour of forums, and I'm at around 50% when I go to bed 17 hours later. Only SA set is to open Winamp when I get in my truck.

From RAZR MAXX

Search tags for this page

droid razr m battery not lasting

streaming netflix on droid bionic battery life

what kind of bettery does the droid maxx use