ICS Battery life

I downloaded and installed "Bad*** Battery Monitor yesterday and turned off all my smartactions and remained on my weak cell / 4G signal for about an hour. found outthat the battery drained pretty fast. Looked at app usage and found 2 things atthe top, "System (com.motorola.motmusic), (this is the Media Store) andMedia" keeping the phone awake and draining the battery pretty fast. Iclick on them and went to manage and disabled them. I watch for a few hours andmy battery did not drain at all except for the norm.

I have since have turned on my smart actions and ensured I went to my setup that I had onGingerbread pre-ICS and let it go over night. Battery did not drain no morethan normal and at this moment per Bad*** Battery Monitor I have almost 29hours left on battery and I am at 80% after 12 hours.

So for those of you still having battery drain, download Bad*** Battery Monitor, install it,turn off Smart Actions / Juice Defender, WIFI, Bluetooth and see what you getafter an hour when you check App Usage to see what you get. Then click on theoffending app (s) / processes, click manage, and if available click disable.Let this go for a while and see what happens. For me the apps/processes listedabove, my battery drain stopped and it appears I am back the way I was onGingerbread.

It's worth a try...

Immediately after ics update my battery life seemed to be down but it has come back up again, based on percentages at the end of the last few days, I am getting a theoretical 30-35 hours of use, on 4G, minimal battery saving tricks utilized.

I hate doing a Factory reset and wiping everything out of your phone. It's a big headache for me. I will try everything else first and the Factory reset will be the last thing I try.
Ok, Well it may be in order then. Here's some interesting things I have noticed through my own trial and error since I updated ota. My battery times were ok I wasn't having that much of a problem with it, but my phone was slighty laggy. I suspected a few apps were conflicting a bit so I gave it about 2 days before I did the Factory reset. Here's where I noticed the difference in my battery times.

The first factory reset I did I backed up my app data through the process of the fdr when it asked me before I wiped it so that it would restore all my apps back with their settings still in tact. Well after my phone reset I let google services add everything back for me with all the app settings in place. Worked smooth and worked fine. Everything went back on my phone without a hitch. But my phone got laggy really bad. I gave it a couple of hours and realized the apps settings I put back in place just made the reset even worse. Made my battery times worse also. So I went back and did another factory reset, the process only takes about 5 minutes so I figured why not. Here's where things changed for me. I just did a factory reset with no backed up app setting. When it asked if I wanted to let google reinstall any apps and contacts with their settings after the re-boot of the reset I said no. I re-installed all my apps back fresh and clean. NO backed up settings. WOW what a difference that made with my phone. It then acted like it did before I upgraded to ICS. My Razr was bad ass again. My battery times are better and it runs silky smooth. I'm assuming a lot of the problems was the apps still had all their settings set to GB. With a factory reset and no backed up data from the apps and a clean install of them all my problems disappeared and that's when my battery time got even better.

With Foxkats battery meter training of course...That really made it better.

Glad I'm not the only one. I thought it was just me but my friend said his battery life sucked after update also

This is after a reset and the 2nd time draining to 10%. I will definitely take 44hrs on a single charge without question!

Screenshot_2012-07-05-02-03-42.pngScreenshot_2012-07-05-02-03-49.pngScreenshot_2012-07-05-02-04-09.pngScreenshot_2012-07-05-02-05-27.png

That is about what I am seeing on mine after a reset. Fixing to do my 2nd 10% drain also. My battery life is definitely getting better with Ics.

Nearly 6 hours of screen on time, no Wi-Fi, and 4g the entire time... I won't complain... I did have to reboot though... browser froze :D

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341516226329.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341516226329.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 512
Nearly 6 hours of screen on time, no Wi-Fi, and 4g the entire time... I won't complain... I did have to reboot though... browser froze :D

Your screen shot looks very similar to mine, man. lol. Only thing with me though is that I don't feel like having to factory reset or "train" the battery to work the way it's supposed to... I just bought the phone in hopes that the battery would work as expected, with little work on my end. Now granted I do make sure that all of my recent app list is cleared out for the most part, but I hate and do not want to have to become used to having to perform manual maintenance on my phone in order to get the specifications on the phone to be true.

So far i am happy with battery life. I got a new phone a week before the update so i have not done a reset. I still need to do down to 10% and see what that will do. But so far so good.

ForumRunner_20120705_191027.png

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Well I look at it like this... my 6 hours of screen on time was almost straight through. Nothing held back, nothing pulled or prevented from running... all out. I threw everything at this phone, and 6 hours of on screen time with every app I opened left running.

Show me another device right now that can do that. Also factor in the crappy service are I'm in...

To you guys showing a day... good for you. But I bet side by side, your device isn't anymore battery efficient than any of mine.. I know this for a fact :cool: I have 4 maxx's in my household, two of which I personally use. :D and all four are very very close.

Your battery is all about your screen on time and the signal that you get. ;)

And when the HD drops, provided it had the same battery as the maxx, which it probably will, it will probably have a little worse battery life.. I'm thinking that the HD screen will suck juice a bit faster...

Well I look at it like this... my 6 hours of screen on time was almost straight through. Nothing held back, nothing pulled or prevented from running... all out. I threw everything at this phone, and 6 hours of on screen time with every app I opened left running.

Show me another device right now that can do that. Also factor in the crappy service are I'm in...

To you guys showing a day... good for you. But I bet side by side, your device isn't anymore battery efficient than any of mine.. I know this for a fact :cool: I have 4 maxx's in my household, two of which I personally use. :D and all four are very very close.

Your battery is all about your screen on time and the signal that you get. ;)

And when the HD drops, provided it had the same battery as the maxx, which it probably will, it will probably have a little worse battery life.. I'm thinking that the HD screen will suck juice a bit faster...

Exactly. With everyone complaining about their battery life, most are failing to take screen on time and reception into account (or at least they're not mentioning them). Talking about what is using a certain percentage of your battery is all well and good, but outside of a rogue app, these are the two things that impact your battery the most. And looking only at the percentages won't tell the real story of how they're impacting your battery life.

Most of us are comparing battery time to before the update, at least I am. I am not getting as much battery usage as before with the same settings that I had, previously. That's with cdma only.

I agree people really don't seem to get how much juice the radio can take or the screen. I am away from home right now in a 4g area and have been impressed with my battery life. Yeah its less then 3g only but still amazing relative to other devices at the moment. I have also been using my phone more yet the battery life is going strong and i have yet to calibrate since the update. This phone can really kick butt. I know not everyone is happy but there is always variables that cause battery life to not be as good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Exactly. With everyone complaining about their battery life, most are failing to take screen on time and reception into account (or at least they're mentioning them). Talking about what is using a certain percentage of your battery is all well and good, but outside of a rogue app, these are the two things that impact your battery the most. And looking only at the percentages won't tell the real story of how they're impacting your battery life.

Thank ya sir :) :thumbup:

Back